Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Up
    Damn right!

Articles
    Blog Entries

One word: Key.

Many, many tears were shed. This storyline made me realize that, yeah, I can actually cry quite a lot. In fact, after I saw this, for a while I felt emotionally numb. Like every time I saw something sad (I saw 12 Years A Slave in this time period) I just could not get into it. I could not feel sad.

That is until I saw this:

Which just so happens to be by Key as well. It broke that void I felt. And many more tears were shed. Little Busters! Refrain is one of my all-time favorites, right next to After Story. The emotions are very strong with this one.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As a general rule, I don't cry about things and haven't shed tears in sadness since I was a child. Some stories do hit me hard, though, and can make my eyes get misty even if I don't actually weep as a result:

The Wheel of Time (novel, not sure which one precisely):Perrin Aybara learns that his entire family has been murdered.

The Fellowship of the Ring (film):
    • Gandalf's apparent death while fighting alone against the house-sized Balrog. Even knowing that he'd be back, this scene is done so well it got me right in the feels, and still does every time.
    • Boromir dies like a true BAMF: refusing to stay down while protecting those who aren't able to protect themselves.

The Two Towers (film):At Helm's Deep, just before dawn, when the Rohirrim are exhausted, beaten and truly believe they've got no chance.

The Return of the King (film):
    • Gandalf drives off the Nazgul harrying the surviving soldiers fleeing Osgiliath
    • The Rohirrim arrive at Pelennor Fields and make their charge
    • The Eagles join the final fray

X-Men 2 (film):Wolverine and Cyclops react to Jean's death, and Nightcrawler recites the Lord's Prayer.

Doctor Who (TV):The end of Doomsday. You know the one I mean. Even Russel T. Davies' later terrible writing and retconning didn't manage to mar the raw emotional impact of that one scene.

How To Train Your Dragon (film):
    • Hiccup and Toothless make their first successul flight together
    • Stoick disowns his son, and the two are later reconciled
    • The pair confront the 'Green Death' dragon

Der Untergang/'Downfall' (film):Magda Goebbels murders her children. A genuinely harrowing scene, unflinching and almost documentary-like in its presentation, made all the more disturbing since it depicts how the real-life murders of these children may actually have been carried out.

Star Trek (2009 film):George Kirk makes the ultimate final stand, dying moments after hearing his son being born.

Final Fantasy VII (game, duh):
    • Nanaki learns Seto's true story
    • Aerith dies
    • The Lifestream emerges to obliterate the meteor

Final Fantasy VIII:The ending reveals that Squall actually survived his ordeal. While this doesn't elicit much response beyond a smile these days, the first time it was a huge relief that the game actually showed him alive, rather than leaving it ambiguous as I'd feared it might do.

Final Fantasy X:Tidus and Jecht high-five: reunion and reconciliation in the afterlife, after years of bitterness and separation, summed up in one tiny gesture in one tiny moment.

Final Fantasy X-2:Shuyin and Lenne's story, as told by Lenne's own memories during the '1000 Words' scene.

Metal Gear Solid:
    • Wolf explains her life in her final minutes
    • Snake tells Naomi about Frank's sacrifice.

Metal Gear Solid 3:
    • Snake and EVA confront Volgin in the Shagohod after destroying the bridge.
    • Learning how The Boss and Naked Snake have been utterly betrayed and used by everything they believed in.

The Last of Us (game):
    • Sarah's death
    • Discovering the words 'THEY DIDN'T SUFFER' on the floor in the underground home, where one of the last surviving adults apparently killed the community's children when the enclave was overrun by infected
    • Ellie breaks down after killing David

Journey (game):The journeyer completes their trek, arriving at the ancient Nirvana before returning to where their story began.

The ending of The Notebook. I cried, in public, in the theater.

The scene in Chrono Cross where (SPOILER)Serge goes back in time and rescues Kid from the burning orphanage, but then when they're safe he disappears and Kid's left behind all alone and confused "Star-Stealing Girl" makes me think of this scene and therefore also makes me cry

The scene in The Fountain (best movie of all time) where (SPOILER)Tommy tattoos his wedding ring back on...having lost a girlfriend to cancer, I relate to this scene so much. Also, losing a girlfriend to cancer will definitely make you cry. I don't recommend it.

And, the one that's gotten me since I was a kid and still does to this day, the song "Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw. Too much feels.

Blog Entries

I use to cry at the regular prompts like someone dying a tragic death but for some reason I dont really cry when someone dies in a movie or a game anymore (I'll still tell people I did because I dont want them to think im a robot). However I do still cry during scenes where:

One person sacrifices themselves for a bunch of people (especially strangers).
    A lot of people (especially strangers) band together to help one person.
    Something from years ago in a past season/movie resurfaces unexpectedly but in a way that makes perfect sense.
    Emotionless robots/clones/aliens learn to feel.
    Love and/or friendship spans beyond conventional time and space.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-05-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

I already mentioned this in chat and the video is on my FB.

The USO Show Troupe had a lengthy concert yesterday for 4th of July. It was really cutesy and really awesome, but I kind of stopped paying attention at one point cuz my girl was talking to me. Then I heard it. My mom's favorite song. "Proud To Be An American" by Lee Greenwood. That song was my mom's ringtone -&- ring back tone both, and then it was played on repeat at her funeral.

It caught me so off guard, I completely lost it. I couldn't watch, didn't want to hear it. It took me a good minute to even be able to tell Jay to record it on his phone for me. And then I was pretty much upset the rest of the day.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Appa

A few minutes before the ending of: The Mist

And most recently, was a reuniting episode of Attack on Titan, of all things

I'm with Big D though. I don't blubber. I get misty eyed, or even failing that, I can feel the sensation in my chest or throat sometimes. I've never been really embarrassed to cry, though people make a big deal about it, which is ridiculous and I hate it. But mostly I just try not to cry because it's messy. But I'm not afraid to feel for certain movies and things. They're generally just not powerful enough or relateable enough for me to get much more than misty eyed

Nausicaa's ending makes me tear up too, I believe. It's been a few years though. But I think it probably still would

I don't know if the Toy Storys really do it to me, but Wall-E and How to Train Your Dragon sure do for some reason

The beginning of Xenoblade Chronicles did as well, I believe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Off the top of my head: Passion of the Christ, Toy Story 3, and The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe and Final Fantasy IX made me tear up a little but not outright cry. It takes a lot for a piece of media to get me to cry. I can usually make myself cry by myself if I think of something sad long enough.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Same as Shauna and Pike. Somehow in the last few years I have become ridiculously sensitive to emotional moments and material and some crazy floodgates have opened and I cry at everything. I teared up at the end of the Alcatraz prison audio tour, for god's sake. The Michael and Holly proposal in The Office? Lost my smurfing mind. Jim and Pam's wedding? Watched it three times over so I could keep crying. The Lost in Translation ending will get me every single time. Reading the Two Towers for the first time as a kid had me crying when Sam was in Shelob's lair and thought he was all alone. Anytime on TV or in movies where there's some swelling emotional moment, either positive or depressing, I cry.

Oddly enough, I did not cry at Up. I am generally ostracized because of this fact.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Oddly enough, I did not cry at Up. I am generally ostracized because of this fact.
    YOU MONSTER!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't even care. I kept hearing about this movie making everyone cry so I kept looking for that moment and waited for it to happen and it never did for me!

Blog Entries

Oh.

The entire movie , Everybody's Fine. With Robert DeNiro, Kate Beckinsale, Drew Barrymore, and some other people. I literally cried through the entire thing the first time I watched it.

It's so close to the dynamics of my family it's ridiculous. Especially now since my mom's passed away. I tried to get my dad to watch Tim but he picked up the hint very quickly and told me to turn it off.

"Say Something" by that band and Christina Aguilera causes me to have a meltdown whenever I hear it. For many reasons.

and "Forever Young" from th Care Bears Movie II ... omg.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh I just remembered Marley & Me

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am a cold hearted American. I do not cry unless I see my flag being folded the wrong way at the end of the day.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I cried pretty hard during the end of The Green Mile and after Mufasa's death. I actually cried a bit during Click too must admit. Didn't cry during the beginning of Up, but I did get teary. I've also gotten teary at FF7, FF8, and FF10. Cried at the end of Snake Eater even though I was sure I wasn't going to. Can't think of anything else I cried during though.

Oh wait, for books, I cried at the end of Hang a Thousand Trees with Ribbons.