Thread: Tales of Xillia

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I played Millia's story so I'm looking forward to replaying as Jude!

And the sequel is joining us soon~!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got Tales of Xillia 2

I'm with ya. We got it on release. Even though we could barely afford it, but was totally worth scrounging up the change. The beginning's a little wonky, but it takes off well enough. It's a little different, but still fun as hell~ Especially once you get a full team (of course)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still on the train. I'm a bit confused by the Allium orb, but I'm guessing I'll get the hang of it soon. I love the new dialogue options!

I kinda envision it as the same as an illium orb, just that you can't see the progress on the big picture, and that you can advance in one direction rather than be forced to do whole circles or sections. But of course you would still want to vary things up so you end up more well rounded. With the Allium it shows you a few things you'll learn, then once those are done, it gives you a few more you can learn, or you can switch to another element if you've acquired it and learn those. Its not so bad

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Picked up Xillia 2 the other day and I'm loving it so far. So far I've only ran into Jude from the first game but I can't wait to see everybody else

That 15 million debt though

The Allium Orb looked intimidating at first but it's actually quite simple. All you do is leave one equipped until you learn a few abilities, then if you like, just switch an orb with someone else so you can learn more abilities.

On the PlayStation store there's a cheap all-elemental orb that you can buy. If you equip that on someone, you don't need to mess with their orb at all.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

15 million? I got 20.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    15 million? I got 20.
    Ah, you're right.

Forgot about that "veterinary fee".

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I can understand them though. Doing surgery on that huge lump of fat was probably pretty hard.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Is there a way to check your affinity with Julius and Bisley? I can only find affinity with player characters.

What the.. I wasn't aware their affinity even mattered. I never see their faces pop up in options. Just like I never see Elle's face pop up. I assumed her affinity wasn't a thing either. Its not like you get extra outfits for her or anything. Are you sure there IS affinity set up for them? Maybe I'm missing out..

But to answer your question, obviously I don't know lol

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    What the.. I wasn't aware their affinity even mattered. I never see their faces pop up in options. Just like I never see Elle's face pop up. I assumed her affinity wasn't a thing either. Its not like you get extra outfits for her or anything. Are you sure there IS affinity set up for them? Maybe I'm missing out...
    Julius, Bisley and Elle all have hidden affinity. If your affinity is high enough with them by the end of the game you'll get three different weapons as a result. Dual swords, hammer, guns. From what I've read, the affinity with Elle can only be raised to what you need in new game+.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Double post because people wouldn't look at the thread otherwise and this is exciting.

I beat the game a few days ago!

Now that I've finished some of the post-game stuff of Tales of Xillia 2, I'm officially shelving it until a future playthrough. I love this game! A couple thoughts:

-I put in roughly 100 hours and I got my characters to at least level 111 or more.

-I got updwards of 8 hearts worth of affinity with every character, and got all the hearts with 4 or 5 people. Successfully raised the hidden affinity with Bisley and Julius.

-I opened every treasure chest to the best of my knowledge, including those in the fractured dimensions.

-The best part of the post-game dungeon was being able to purchase alternate skins for your characters. Seeing Ludger running around as Elle or Jude running around as Julius was a total blast.

-Whenever I play poker the gold and silver dice appear to make no difference whatsoever. By luck of having a pretty good run at double or nothing, I've been able to rack up over 100,000+ chips.

-I really like the DLC costumes from old games. Having Muzet floating around as Sheena was a cool throwback, especially because the battle music changed as well.

-I paid off the entire debt. The cutscene that follows is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a Tales game! Google it for a laugh.

-I unlocked some of the sealed weapons based on previous games I've played. Namely Sealed Graces, Symphonia and Legendia.

-I did a decent amount of the extreme mode in the coliseum and a decent amount of the post-game dungeon. I'm saving most of that for a future new game + because it was really hard. Same goes for the ex enemy hunts. They totally wiped me.

-I watched the normal and true endings, and I've gotta say the true ending is really touching. I'm glad they went that route.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 09-23-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I'm playing through this at the moment (Jude's story). The only other Tales game I've played (but didn't complete) is Graces f, but I'm enjoying this one much more. The story is more interesting (no Richard, HOORAY!) and the combat feels more fluid. My party is currently at Level 40 and I've maxed out everyone's first Lilium orb, so I'll be starting to make my way through the second orb now. About to head in to Fennmont.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>