Thread: Bates Motel - Season 3! - Marks ye spoilers!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Bates Motel - Season 3! - Marks ye spoilers!

Anyone else watched this? I've been watching this show lately, and I'm really getting in to though there are a few things that annoy me about it. Psycho is one of my favorite movies, so I'm glad they made a show about Norman Bates and his mother in their younger years.

Blog Entries

I wasn't really into a show with a mommy-son thing, but the real criticism comes from the fact that I heard the show gets off a lot on violence to women, ie, rape scenes at the beginning of episodes.

I haven't watched it though.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is only one rape scene so far that I've encountered and it's the catalyst for a lot of what has been taking place this season. It hardly shows anything too grotesque though in terms of the rape, it's very mild in what they show. There hasn't been any violence on women apart from that yet and I'm almost done with Season 1. Soon to start season 2. :3

I watched most of season one and then I stopped watching. It was mediocre and nothing special.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I watched a few episodes and it was okay. Like Bunny, I didn't think it was anything special.

I will say, however, that I was really annoyed and a little bit offended that whoever chose to give that one girl Cystic Fibrosis obviously did no research whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Love the show! Can't wait for season three 2015 is still so far away!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just finished Season 2. Friggin' superb! I love how the season finale was very similar to the way Psycho ended. The casting of Norman Bates is near perfect. Despite being a British actor he nails the American accent and his voice is almost identical to Anthony Perkins at certain points. Kind of eerie. I definiely preferred the second season to the first which I thought focused way too much on one central thing whereas season two felt a lot more rounded. There was a lot that happened in a span of ten episodes. A lot of great wtf moments as well whereas season one really only had one. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in season three.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Reviving this for season 3 discussion.

I'm so hyped. I was actually late to this show. By the time I started watching season 1 on Netflix, I think season 2 was either just finished or getting ready to finish airing.

Great season 3 trailer with great music. The "Enjoy the Silence" cover is perfect.

For anyone who may come into this thread but not be that interested in the show, I'd definitely encourage you to check out this trailer and see if it peeks your interest.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will start by saying that Emma is such a sweetheart and Norman needs to stop treating her second rate to get in a car with a stripper and then probably kill her and have sex with her dead corpse or whatever weird trout he does. /run on sentence

Really enjoying this season so far. It's weird I root for Norman and Emma to be a couple, and also don't at the same time. They are cute together, but I don't want him to kill her ass.

Farmiga is always so good as Norma. She could have been a total cartoon, but the woman sells it imho.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Emma looks more and more like Jessica Alba some how and it's freaking me out. She was white two seasons ago. What is happening...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Reviving this thread because Season 3 is out and last night's episode was amazing. Terrific acting. Episode 6 took me on a whirlwind of emotions. If Vera doesn't get an Emmy for this performance they're crazy as is anyone who doesn't give this show a proper shot. It's better than the borefest that is Better Call Saul imho.Legit only liked 2 episodes of that show.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The latest episode was probably the best episode of the entire show, as of yet. It had a lot of the qualities I would hope for in a season finale and we're not even there yet. I can't wait to see what's ahead in the coming episodes.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    The latest episode was probably the best episode of the entire show, as of yet. It had a lot of the qualities I would hope for in a season finale and we're not even there yet. I can't wait to see what's ahead in the coming episodes.
    Agreed! I can't wait till Monday.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Is this too old to bump? Figured I'd not make another new thread tbh!

I have been obsessed with this show lately, burned through the first season in a couple of days. Farmiga is bloody perfect and so is Freddie Highmore, it's SO SO strange how like, I find him so adorable in his mannerisms - despite what else he gets up to and knowing what he's doing. Such amazing acting. I really do like Dylan as well, and Emma for that matter - great characters all round imo, such an underrated show that is being overlooked by a lot of people. It's fantastic.