Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Games/FFs closest to FF9

Articles
    Blog Entries

You chose the game that is probably least like FFIX.

Yeah I know, I didn't choose it because of it's similarity to FFIX, but more like because I was psyched about getting my hands on IZJS copy. Afterwards I'm gonna throw myself at the suikoden series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Still I find it funny that most of the suggested games are of the PSOne time. Really seems to me that there aren't really many good RPGs these years.
    That's not really funny. You asked for games that were like ff9, not good rpgs. Of course, the two might overlap to some degree, but there are lots of good rpgs these days, they're just not like ff9.
    Okay I guess you should call "check" since you are right.

EDIT: Thanks Sephiroth for your thorough answer.

So far it really seems that I am either for FFVI, possibly FFXII, Suikoden series or Chrono series.
    Call check?
    It's a chess term. When you "call check" in chess, you announce that you have placed the King in a position where he may be captured by the piece you just moved. The rules of chess state that once the King is in check, it must be moved out of check. Also, this is neither here nor there but remember that a King may not place another King in check.

Anyway, the subject is what games are like FF9 and to answer it, I say, look at all the ones that are multiples of 3. III, VI, and XII.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Right. I don't know what all the chess terms are in english. I know them in norwegian though.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?