Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing People To Final Fantasy

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Xcom has turn based combat, customization of characters, a grid base battle system, stats that grow with character experience, and weapons that are upgradeable!

So ha!!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Addicts always justify their habits

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Dear Eoff,

Please help me. I feel like my SO is straying from the path of Final Fantasy and RPG's. I often see him playing games like XCOM or Metal Gear Solid, but when I offer him a good ol' fashioned Final Fantasy he says he "isn't in the mood". Now, he's even beginning to play Mario Tennis while rejecting games such as Xenoblade Chronicles.

I am worried that soon his bad gaming habits will lead him to worse hobbies, such as heroin and maybe even armed robbery. I don't know what to say to him. I checked his text messages and I often find him referring to "cars" and "engine lights" and I'm worried this is some 30 y/o man slang for drugs.

Please help,
    a concerned girlfriend
    I can think of two options here.

The first is to wean him back slowly. Introduce him to a game like Fire Emblem Awakening, by comparing it to XCOM, but a fantasy version. Then, once he's adopted to the more RPG-centric nature, give him a game like Final Fantasy Tactics, to bring him further to the RPG side, then back to full RPGs.

The other option would be to thrust him into a world and then take it away. Show him some majorly enticing, cliff-hanger-styled cutscenes from a game such as Bravely Default, then pull it away, go back to playing it yourself, and say that he can maybe play it when you're done. Then, as you play, throw in a few leading comments or even just you going "wow", and let the desire to know eat away at his brain until he breaks down and plays it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Dear Eoff,

Please help me. I feel like my SO is straying from the path of Final Fantasy and RPG's. I often see him playing games like XCOM or Metal Gear Solid, but when I offer him a good ol' fashioned Final Fantasy he says he "isn't in the mood". Now, he's even beginning to play Mario Tennis while rejecting games such as Xenoblade Chronicles.

I am worried that soon his bad gaming habits will lead him to worse hobbies, such as heroin and maybe even armed robbery. I don't know what to say to him. I checked his text messages and I often find him referring to "cars" and "engine lights" and I'm worried this is some 30 y/o man slang for drugs.

Please help,
    a concerned girlfriend
    I can think of two options here.

The first is to wean him back slowly. Introduce him to a game like Fire Emblem Awakening, by comparing it to XCOM, but a fantasy version. Then, once he's adopted to the more RPG-centric nature, give him a game like Final Fantasy Tactics, to bring him further to the RPG side, then back to full RPGs.

The other option would be to thrust him into a world and then take it away. Show him some majorly enticing, cliff-hanger-styled cutscenes from a game such as Bravely Default, then pull it away, go back to playing it yourself, and say that he can maybe play it when you're done. Then, as you play, throw in a few leading comments or even just you going "wow", and let the desire to know eat away at his brain until he breaks down and plays it.
    Third option: ditch the zero, get with the hero

I mean, I'm not the hero in this case, but you know