Thread: Graphic Design Prompts

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Graphic Design Prompts

Would anyone be interested in a thread where someone posts a stock image or a theme and then people can come in and post up signature style images that they've come up with using those prompts?

I figured because the signature service isn't that lively anymore and the graphic design tutorial thread died however many years ago that this could be a good way for people to practice, learn and teach anything to do with graphic design. I know there are some people on this website who are great at creating sigs, some people that are good but may not be confident enough to volunteer making a sig for someone else, and some people that really just want to learn but have no idea where to start.

If we get this going with a wide range of all of those aforementioned types of people then this thread could be a really good resource for learning and practicing. Basic rules would be probably be along the lines of:

- 1 prompt a week to start with, we'll see if that's too much or too little an amount of time for people to work with. But there is nothing stopping someone from making more than one sig with that week's prompt if they find they can do a sig much quicker than some others.
    - Constructive criticism only. No one would learn anything if people didn't offer advice and ways to improve, but use common sense and courtesy when you're critiquing someone's hard work.
    - Try to stay within the file size limits set by the forums. This one would just be good to practice making sigs with restrictions, but I don't think we have to be too strict with it. I know some people can do amazing things with animation in their designs so if they want to show off and let people see what can be done without size restrictions then I'm sure that would be fine (just don't make anything that will make the page load like we're using dial-up)
    - Don't stress and have fun. Don't be afraid to post up something even if you think it's not that great, or if you're late by a couple of days. This is meant to be a judgment-free, fun thread for us to share ideas and learn from one another.

Anyway, list any expressions of interest, even if you don't think you would be able to do it every week, or if you're only a beginner to sig design. I figure if we get 5 or so people that would be a good enough group to start with and hopefully it just grows from there.

Happy designing!

~Participants~
    Happy Noodle Boy
    Lockharted
    jodymcdougle
    Freya
    Last edited by Pheesh; 07-19-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nerd.

That said, I think this is a great idea and might breath a bit of life into a tired part of the forum. I would even be up for taking part in this, my skills aren't great but I do like editing images and things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Really? nobody else?

This is a great way to learn something that is definitely not as hard as you may think.

i think that this is an amazing idea! go through with it! i'll gladly participate! i enjoy messing around with photoshop tutorials and design stuff. might learn a thing or two and have some fun while we're at it!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'll try! I'm not the best but whatever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Awesome, ball is rolling now. I'll give it till the end of the week to see if we can get up to the intended 5 people or more, but if we don't I think this is fine to start with.

Out of curiosity, what photo editor do you guys use?

photoshop! also after effects.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

photoshop!

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

any of you wanna make me a song cover?

I know this is a pretty dead thread and all, but I think this is a great idea. Too bad it never got off the ground cause I'd love to do this! Any chance of a revival?

Some Text Here.