Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 Golden

Really kind of funny though. Just one mega ultra awesome game made me buy the PS Vita in two days when I never even considered it before. Going for it first thing in tomorrow morning and I hope people won't start calling police that they haven't seen me for weeks because I am gonna hop right into that sexy golden P4!

What difficulty do you think I should start playing? I only played the vanilla P4 on normal and though it wasn't hard, it wasn't a walk in a park as well.

Anyway I guess this topic and it's content are now kinda off but whatever, I wanna ask you guys, if you think I should get PS Plus subscription. Mind I don't have PS3 nor PS4 and am not going to get them anytime soon since I just broke my purse with the PSV.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The difficulty is about the same in P4 Golden as it was in the original. Atlus games in general tend to be much harder than your average JRPG, so if you go up a difficulty you're gonna see a major difference. If you felt like normal was just right then stick with that, if you like to be really stumped every now and then go up one harder. Have fun c:

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I'm yet another person who got a Vita for P4G. Kind of also for Ys: Memories of Celceta. If don't mind Vita being a JRPG + indie console, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Anyway I guess this topic and it's content are now kinda off but whatever, I wanna ask you guys, if you think I should get PS Plus subscription. Mind I don't have PS3 nor PS4 and am not going to get them anytime soon since I just broke my purse with the PSV.
    If the free games you get are worth more than the cost you pay for the subscription, it's worth it, otherwise not. So think about how many of those free games you'll be playing. If the answer is 2 or 3 over the course of a year, it's probably worth it. I find the PS+ sales discounts to be not very thrilling, but the free games are nice. There are some good ones available.

This month has Muramasa Rebirth, which is honestly pretty awesome. I want to sit and look at the cherry blossoms in the backgrounds instead of play it. Gravity Rush was also surprisingly good. I feel like I already almost got my money's worth in a couple of months.

Sadly you just missed out, Gravity Rush and Uncharted were removed from PS+ last month after being free for a really long time.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I've actually seen like almost no interesting additions to free PSN+ games the last few months, at least not for PS3.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know that PS+ would be worth it for just the vita. I would have said it was when it still had Gravity Rush and Uncharted available, but I don't think I've really seen anything compelling for Vita on Plus since then until now with Muramasa. I could be remembering wrong though.

Okay got both the console and the game and I am loving both BIG time!

One last question though. Is there restricted number of times I can redownload my bought games as long as I only download it on the vita only?

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Okay got both the console and the game and I am loving both BIG time!

One last question though. Is there restricted number of times I can redownload my bought games as long as I only download it on the vita only?
    Not as far as I know. It has to be on the system you registered with your PSN account, but after that, you should be able to download them indefinitely.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Oh good, I misunderstood the stuff about restriction so that's only activated consoles. I was a bit worried about deleting/redownloading would mean eventually having to rebuy the game which would be incredibly stupid but since Sony is all about getting our money, I wouldn't be surprised.

Damn I said before "last question".

Well D'oh there is one more question on my mind. What do you guys prefer on your Vitas? Physical cartriges or digital copies? I myself am really running towards digitals.

They don't take any physical space, can't lose them, can't destroy them and most importantly if I ever decide to get ps3/4 I can actually play them there as well which is great. Not to mention I can have them all easily on the go and if you like some PSP/PSone classics, you have to go partially digital anyway.

The only cons I see is that they can be sometimes pricier and I need to get bigger card but since 64GBs can now be bought at around 100 dollars from Asia it doesn't seem THAT bad since 64GB is really a lot. And that the games can't be resold but really I never got much money out of reselling my games and since I choose carefully what titles I buy, I don't even want to sell them most of the time.

So just curious, your opinion on the matter?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

You're wrong, you can't play PSV games on PS3 or PS4 just because you've bought them on PSN. That's only if a particular game has two versions, and only if you buy the game as a cross-platform package. Also just go buy the damn game already.

Also, cheap and big noname brand memory cards are usually slow, so your games might get longer loading times.

But PSClassics should be at least playable there or not? Also I already have the P4G lol.

And I actually meant the official card: http://www.play-asia.com/playstation...n-70-7279.html

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Yes.

Ok.

Normally, I prefer carts. I prefer having a physical copy, and there are definitely advantages with speed and install optimization. Plus, with the number of games I get, I can avoid worrying about space on the memory card, which can fill up quite fast otherwise.

Then there's the downside. The Vita decided that the PSP's major problem was that it was too easy to change out physical games. So they secured the port behind an annoying door, and made the carts tiny, hard to maneuver, and impossible to ever remember which way needed to be inserted. So on the Vita, I tend to leave a single cart in for a long time because it is such a pain to change carts. This doesn't hurt me much, because I only have like three games for the Vita that I actually play anyway.

That said, most of the PSClassics games like FFVII and such are only going to be available via download, so if that's what you're asking about, there really isn't much of a choice.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks for the answers.

So now actually back to the actual topis of P4G.

I decided to start on Hard so the only difficulty left for New Game+ is Very Hard. So far I just got Chie in team and it's well... Actually Hard! Got one shotted so many times already (and only around half time was mine fault!). Is it getting easier later on? Original Persona 4 definitely did get easier later on and here with choosing the passing skills and skill cards it probably gets even easier right? Or is there actually some rebalance of the difficulty toward the end?

Don't take me wrong, I am used to mental self beating thanks to years playing Ragnarok Online. Just wanna know what's ahead of me.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Enemies will get a lot tougher and they'll pull more nasty tricks on you, but with more Personas and skills opening up you'll have a lot of options as to how you'll be able to adapt.