Thread: just got Tactics Advance!

Default just got Tactics Advance!

I just got a ROM for tactics advance for my hacked Wii. I really want to give all of the Final Fantasy franchise a go! I made it through a snowball fight...? I think that was sort of an introduction to the game's system.

I've never played the playstation version. I did have a copy of Revenant Wings. is that system a little bit similar? I've seen some mixed reviews on youtube about Tactics Advance and have also read that people invest 200 hours of game play sometimes!

Can some of you tell me what makes this game so awesome? pros and cons?

First, it's worth noting that Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is not a remake of the Playstation game. Final Fantasy Tactics for the Playstation is a completely different game, and one which I personally am not to much of a fan of (but I will spare you that rant, you can find it all over the forum if you just look).

As for FFTA, the story is incredibly well written, probably one of the best in the franchise. The characters are quite strong, and the themes are actually fairly deep, despite it's kid-friendly appearance.

The gameplay has been massively refined since Tactics, with the over complicated or nonsensical systems removed in favor of a more refined system that flows a lot better.

I could go on telling you how awesome this game is, but I'll split now to the negatives: The Law system can be infuriating to people. There are restrictions on what you can and can't do in combat, and the penalties to breaking the restrictions can get severe. If you don't monitor the laws, you can wind up running into some incredibly tough fights.

Also, some people don't like the way the abilities you gain are tied to equipment, and a lot of equipment is dropped as mission rewards, which can hamper you obtaining certain abilities if the RNG doesn't like you.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

The gameplay is definitely very addicting, if not a little bit on the easier side. Whether the story's great or awful depends on who you ask. The original FFT is worth checking out, too.

Articles

Final Fantasy Tactics is rad. There is a lot of depth to each race and job, so your play style can vary drastically from one person to another. For example, my 6 part members usually include

Human - 2 Melee fighters / 1 Mage
    Viera - 1 Melee fighter / 1 mage
    Bangaa - 1 melee fighter.

Someone else might use the other races or more mages than the mix. It's all pretty rad.