Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitchy Resting Face

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Bitchy Resting Face

Awkward moment go:

Staring out in to space when I got interrupted by someone telling me to stop making sexy eyes at them. Confused, I asked them if they were talking to me. And they said, yes "Now stop making sexy eyes at me." I...this is my face! I either look tired, bitchy, or I am "making sexy eyes" I suppose. Whatever!

What is your default resting face?

(Side note, I had to Google "making sexy eyes" because I don't even know what that is and I still don't but apparently Jake Gyllenhaal does it and this girl:

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

http://home.eyesonff.com/entry.php/5...-I-was-younger

I have bitchy resting face. As a result, I've yet to hear someone say to stop giving them the sexy look.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't look at my face often enough to know, really.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

People will tell you, either vocally or through a return look that says "wtf is up with you".

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I sort of do, but it isn't "natural." Basically, I took getting picked on way too hard as a kid. I know it happens to everyone, but I wasn't prepared to deal with the more darker aspects public school.

This is a problem I have to this day, but I generally assume that people make fun of me. The rational part of my brain KNOWS that most people don't give a s*** what I do or how I look unless I do/wear something VERY outlandish for the situation I was in. The very few times someone has directly said something rude to me without any provocation in my adult life only made me feel that most people think negative thoughts about me, however. Again, I know that I am being unreasonable, and I can't realistically expect people to be nice to me 100% of the time or anything.

Anyway, a side effect of how I was treated at a young age was to develop a defense mechanism of looking extremely irritated or downright angry when I am out doing normal things like shopping. This was pointed out to me a few years ago when I was seeing a therapist. When we got closer and had more "real talks" she explained to me that the entire time I first sat down in her office to explain why I felt I was in there she fully expected me to explode. This was purely based on my how my facial expressions were. She then said that as she got to know me, she realized that I just look that way, but since it isn't consistent, I must be putting the face on subconsciously. I ran what my therapist said by my family and friends and they agreed with it. I have even seen pictures of me when I wasn't ready for it as an adult and child. There is definitely a difference.

Though I know I am making this sound like a much bigger ordeal than it is, I think it isn't that big deal. I don't have problems making friends or socializing. When I have to interact with people in public, I sometimes notice that they are thrown off by a friendly tone instead of expecting whatever negativity they expected from me.

TL;DR: I subconsciously have an unpleasant face on in public because of silly reasons, but it isn't my "default" face position.
    Last edited by Sephex; 07-15-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have resting sad face. If I'm just normal everyone is like "omigosh whats worng "

It gets a bit frustrating sometimes

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    http://home.eyesonff.com/entry.php/5...-I-was-younger

I have bitchy resting face. As a result, I've yet to hear someone say to stop giving them the sexy look.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess I have a glare sort of resting face. My mom used to actually try to shame me and yell at me for looking so miserable all the time as a kid/teenager, and still does it at times today. I don't know how to make my face different!

Additionally, a few times a year I have some stranger who will stop and say something like, "Smile!" to me, and a couple of cheeseballs who will say, "You dropped your smile!" while pointing to the ground. This has been done to me several times, and I always assume it's because I have an unhappy look on my face.

Relevant Nick Miller rant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah people have a constant need to tell me how depressed I look, especially at my last job. My ASM would call me "Ms. Happy" as a result of it. I'd be like OMG I can't change how my face looks. I'm not depressed, I'm not happy, I'm not anything.

I think I totally do have a bitchy resting face, although maybe not since no one has actually told me or made a comment about it. I just feel that I get so concentrated in what I'm doing that it just naturally goes that way. Okay, maybe it's not a bitchy resting face but more like a "wtf am i doing" face ... hmm
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

Permanent derpface. I actually keep a pretty impassive visage, it retards aging the skin.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am super, super self conscious of my face a lot of the time. I like being with people talking because I forget about it, but often, I am constantly trying to maintain a completely neutral nothing face with my jaw and lips perfectly straight, my eyes showing no particular expression, except possibly mild interest/curiosity at life and general innocence. Yet I still often get people telling me to smile!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've gotten the "smile moar" thing from complete strangers as well and it's annoying as hell. Do you honestly expect someone to smile 24/7 or just while they're randomly walking to go some where? That is completely pointless to me and it hurts my mouth. If I am happy I don't even feel the necessity to smile, I just am. Next person to say that to me in person gets punched in the throat.