Thread: Hyne

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moomba Hyne

Am I the only person who kind of wishes that the game had utilized Hyne and his backstory more into the game. I mean its just some folklore that never really goes anywhere so I always wondered if it was meant to be something bigger in the early stages of the game and then just kind of got fazed out for other things as development went on.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've heard theories about how Ultimecia was actually one half of Hyne or whatever, and the whole Time Kompression bit was done so that that half of Hyne could rejoin with the other half or whatever.

I'm kind of fuzzy on the whole folklore at the moment actually. Was the "half" of Hyne he gave to humanity just the sorceress powers? I guess if that was the case, the powers could always be trying to find a way to get back to being whole. That's why the powers have to keep getting passed on when the sorceresses die. That could be what ultimately drove Ultimecia to do the time compression in the end too - gather all of the powers of the sorceresses together again and then get back to Hyne. Or something. I'm just throwing out possibilities based on the theories I've heard.

In any case, I do feel like that Hyne story was supposed to have more significance originally. I wish it would have been fleshed out and utilized more.