Thread: The Remastered Music

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The Remastered Music

I've only had the remaster for three days now but I seriously love the remastered music. I was in Besaid and listening to the rearranged music while running around the Waterfall Way was very nostalgic. The battle theme I think has improved over the original and I quite enjoy the boss battle theme. I'm not even in Luca yet, I can't wait to hear more rearranged music!

I am disappointed though that the FFX-2 soundtrack hasn't been touched at all (besides remastering, of course), apparently, that is what I hear.

What do you guys think of the remastered and rearranged music?

The X-2 soundtrack didn't need to be touched. I mean, maybe some of the darker, more orchestral pieces could have been bumped up, but...it's pretty much perfect as is.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I actually like most of the remastered tracks better. They weren't bad on PS2, but I find them better now.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

It's really hit and miss with me. Some of them sound a little better, but I don't really think they needed to. :/

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

I haven't played a remaster but I'm listening to some of the songs now....a few are better but most feel a bit diminished to me. I'm sure part of it is because I'm just so used to the older versions, but I feel that a few songs simply should've been felt alone (Auron's Theme, for example). Like the above poster said, hit and miss.
    derp

Articles

I'm not a fan of the new battle song in FFX, but a lot of the other ones are pretty swell.

Luca for example was pretty good remastered. As was Tidus's theme.