Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Hmmm...

Ratchet and Clannk ToD/CiT
    Demon's Souls
    Disgaea 3/4/D2
    Disgae hour of darkness/disgaea 2 (ps2 digital download)
    Infamous 1/2
    God Hand (ps2 digital download)
    Shadow of the Colossus/Ico (Ps2 digital download)
    Persona 3 FES (Ps2 digital download)
    Persona 4 (Ps2 digital download)
    Also, any of the Shin Megami Tensei games in general if you're looking for some intense RPG insanity. (Ps2/Psx digital download)

I think you're noticing a trend here. The PS3 has an awesome shop full of classic games you really should dig through. There are a ton of gems in there for fairly cheap.
    There are so many good PS3 exclusives though, it's pretty absurd. I'm probably forgetting about a ton of games that I love as well because I just woke up.
    A lot of those are not available as PS2 downloads in europe. Also, none of the PS2 Classics on PSN are altered in any way from the original PS2 games, so if you've played them on the PS2, you won't get anything new. You should also not get the PS2 classics version of Ico and shadow of the colossus, as HD ports for PS3 exist. They'll look a lot prettier, and they're probably not significantly more expensive.

You can however circumvent the regional store differences by creating a US PSN account, and filling it up with money by using PSN cash cards that you can buy online. All PS2 Classics I have downloaded to my PS3 have worked, although I have only downloaded like 4. You can also get PS3 and PS1 games from the US store in this manner.
    Someone already brought up the EU shop being different, though I will say again that it is very sad. But anyway, he mentioned having a 360, he didnt mention having had a ps2 so I just assumed that he didnt as I would rather it turn out that he's played the games I've mentioned then have them fly under the radar. Many of the games on the shop are for under 10 bucks so I consider it worthwhile to pick them up even if they are unchanged from the ps2 version.

But yeah, HD SoC and Ico is far better. I totally forgot about those. Need to check the price on them.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That's why I suggested that he could use the US store by buying a cash card online. You get the code for them by e-mail so it's pretty fast, although a bit cumbersome compared to using your main account. Once the game has been downloaded, however, you don't need to stay on the US account to play it. You both install and play the game using the EU account. The EU account will even register trophies normally if it is a PS3 game. The only thing that can be problematic is if you mix EU versions of games with US (or lol, japanese) versions of DLC. As of right now, I think there only exists one(*) regionally locked game on PS3, and that would be Persona 4 Arena.

* I don't know how many japanese games might be region locked. I am talking about US/EU releases now.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Keep 'em coming!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F, if you enjoy challenging rhythm games.

I have to third The Last of Us and I have an entire review of the game to tell you why. I'd need to know your opinion on the Metal Gear franchise before I can recommend MGS4.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Loved it. MGS1 is my second favourite PS game. I couldn't tell you whether MGS3 is my favourite PS2 game but it's up there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Loved it. MGS1 is my second favourite PS game. I couldn't tell you whether MGS3 is my favourite PS2 game but it's up there.
    Then you should enjoy it. It plays tribute to all the games that came before and the cameo reappears in the form of OctoCamo.