Thread: about to play!

Default about to play!

hey! I'm going to give this game a try this weekend! always wanted to check this title out! I'm going to be playing the Game Boy Advance version on a modified Wii. does anyone have any words of advice or encouragement before I embark on my journey?

it seems that this title has a lot of love in the Final Fantasy community!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Just have fun and don't feel discouraged if you have to grind a bit if you are getting your head handed to you. Then again, you are playing the GBA version, and I found that version to give the player a lot of breaks. Enjoy!

thanks, sephex! after beating so many games, I have the whole "I'm the champion!" mentality some times. then I forget, I have to level up all over again. so I could probably use the breaks the GBA gives me. are there any other differences? would this be a good recommendation to someone who's never played a lot of the older Final Fantasy titles?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The GBA has extra content near/at the end of the game. I don't want to spoil it for you, so I can't say anything past that. The graphics are also a bit more spiffy looking compared to the original, but it doesn't looks VASTLY different. The game sprites are the same as in the original for example. The music quality is a little iffy, but not so bad that you would be missing out on the OST by playing this one. Don't worry about it and just have fun. If you really want to experience the game as it was meant to be without the censorship that was released with the original US version, just play the translated FFIV rom using a SNES emulator. Again, it sounds like you already have a set up, so just have fun and play.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There isn't much to say except have fun and enjoy the game. This is one of my favorite entries so I hope you will enjoy it.