Thread: If you could be....

Default If you could be....

....a character that died on a game or movie or show, who would it be and why? Would you be Aerith? Zack? One of Sean Bean's many unfortunate roles?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default This dude

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moving this to The Lounge as it's TV, game, and movie related.

As for who I'd be...I have to think on this. So many choices.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Why would I want to be a character that dies? Do I get the option to not die?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Rose from Titanic. She gets to die an old lady peacefully in her bed after living an extraordinary life, then in the afterlife she gets to smurf Leonardo DiCaprio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

A ... DINOSAUR

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I could be Alexander Supertramp from Into the Wild, I think it would be an amazingly cathartic experience to live as he lived before he died (from a stupid mistake). I loved The Boxcar Children books when I was very young, and his journey to survive in the Alaskan wilderness made me think about those books and how neat I thought it would be to live like that. The adventures he goes on to get to Alaska are an ideal example of gypsy lifestyle that I would love to be a part of, to just let go of everything. The irony is that before he died, he had a moment of revelation in which he decided he needed to return to his family and loved ones, but it was too late. Kindof a tragic situation, but then, what death isn't tragic? His adventure was amazing, and is something I would enjoy experiencing before I died.

Also if Eddie Vedder could do the soundtrack to my life, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    If I could be Alexander Supertramp from Into the Wild, I think it would be an amazingly cathartic experience to live as he lived before he died (from a stupid mistake). I loved The Boxcar Children books when I was very young, and his journey to survive in the Alaskan wilderness made me think about those books and how neat I thought it would be to live like that. The adventures he goes on to get to Alaska are an ideal example of gypsy lifestyle that I would love to be a part of, to just let go of everything. The irony is that before he died, he had a moment of revelation in which he decided he needed to return to his family and loved ones, but it was too late. Kindof a tragic situation, but then, what death isn't tragic? His adventure was amazing, and is something I would enjoy experiencing before I died.

Also if Eddie Vedder could do the soundtrack to my life, that would be great.
    One of my favourite movies ever! I wonder if the real Christopher McCandless experienced that same revelation as was depicted in the movie, I probably think so. But yeah, I'd have to second you on this choice.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I would be Kenny, so I get another chance the next week.

24 season 5 and 7 spoilers

(SPOILER)
    Tony Almeida

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Why would I want to be a character that dies? Do I get the option to not die?
    I was going to say...

Anyway...

Hmm...

As Shiny said, there are just so many options. I definitely would not want to be Eddard Stark. I like my head. The same would go for Viserys Targaryen.

I think I would have to go with either a Final Fantasy VII Comp character (Zack Fair, Genesis, Angeal, Rosso, Azul, Nero, Weiss, Sephiroth, Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo) or a DBZ character (hell, any one of the Z fighters would work because they usually die anyway... they just get brought back by the Dragon Balls). If I'm gonna die, I should at least live a life of high-flying superpowered adventure.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Blog Entries

Fawkes the Phoenix, so I am reborn good and healthy
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

If I'm going down, I want to look like Rufio from Hook.

I wasn't sure how to make of the ending of the show LOST, but I'd like to be any of the characters who passed on the show so that I could hang out on the island! the scenery is breath taking anyone else watch that show when it was on?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would be Westley from The Princess Bride. After dying I would just have Miracle Max bring me back to life with a magic, chocolate-coated pill. I could then spend the rest of my days looking suave and sleeping with Princess Buttercup.

Also, I would have a better English accent than the one I have in real life.