Thread: The Sega Thread

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default SONIC FTW

Articles
    Blog Entries

That guy sounds like my eleven year old nephew.

The Sega Genesis was the first console I actually owned, and I still remember walking into the store to buy it with my Dad and seeing Sonic 2 on the demo machine.

The best part: he was friends with several other people who owned a Genesis as well, and I lent out Sonic 2 to borrow their games, most often Sonic 1 and, as mentioned by both Scotty and Scott, Quackshot, which is still one of my favorite titles on the console. I also borrowed Ariel the Little Mermaid, which I still to this day utterly detest.

I also used to walk to the nearby mall all the time to check out new games on the demo machines too, and I basically lived there once Rocket Knight Adventures came out, since it was the only way for me to play it since no one I knew owned or wanted to buy it -- something I still don't understand. I mean, it's a possum. In blue armor. With a sword. And a JETPACK!! Why didn't people buy it?! >_<

It was made up for a few years later, though, when we moved closer to a store that rented out games and I got to grab a new game every weekend, with Vectorman, Ecco, Tinhead (very boring game, by the by), and The Haunting being ones in particular I remember. And Ristar, which I rented every weekend for at least two months before my mother finally caught on and bought for me. Same thing happened with Earthworm Jim a couple of months later.

Though I never owned a Game Gear, I did have a friend that did, and I remember how confused we were whenever we talked about Sonic 2, as we had no idea the 8 and 16 bit versions of the game were completely different, and I'm fairly certain we were both convinced the other person was lying. What the hell was this 'hang glider' crap in stage 2? There isn't even any room TO hang glide in Chemical Plant! He eventually brought in his Game Gear and we played the crap out of Streets of Rage and Sonic 2 during recess, though I'm not sure he ever came over to play on my Genesis.

The next Sega system I got was the Dreamcast after its lifecycle had basically ended, so I don't have much to say about it. I bought it, then got The Last Blade 2 and Tech Romancer for it, both of which were amazing and saw a lot of play during lunch break in highschool, as I lived almost next to the place and it was a short walk, though the N64 as a whole got a lot more use during the time with 4 player Battle Tanx, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros.

My parents bought me a Genesis when I was 5, and then never allowed me to have a Super Nintendo because I "didn't need that many consoles."

That aside, I loved the heck out of some Sonic, Vectorman, and a motley crew of other titles:
    –Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
    –TMNT: Tournament Fighters
    –Ren and Stimpy: Stimpy's Invention
    –Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing (came with the system)
    –Madden '97 and '98

Articles
    Blog Entries

Power Rangers was awesome. Once I unlocked the Green Ranger I just went to town on everyone. Being able to play as the zords in addition was always a huge plus.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The Sega versions of Shadowrun and Lunar were amazing.

<-- Big Genesis and Game Gear fan!

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

this is the funniest post that I have seen this morning! =D