Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charmed

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Charmed

Anyone here watched Charmed? I didn't become a fan of this show until way after it ended. I only saw bits and pieces of the Eighth Season beforehand. A couple of years back, I decided to pick up some of the first season because I was an Alyssa Milano fan and fell in love with it. I liked Phoebe and Piper at the start, but eventually fell in love with the whole cast. Even Prue. I now have the entire series on DVD and go back to watch it whenever the mood strike me. The quality started to dip in latter seasons, but I stuck with it all the same.

I think Piper is one of the best women characters ever portrayed on television. She did it all: be a sister, a mother, a wife, a witch, a hero, a leader, a cook, a successful businesswoman, suffer through being the middle-child, and has the coolest power. If she isn't queen of the mulitaskers then I don't know who is. No way could I have shuffled through all of that. I know they have a Season Nine in comic books, but I haven't checked them out. After the Buffy and Angel comics I'm a little afraid to.

Discuss.

I never got into Charmed. I like a lot of the actresses from the show though!

there was a showed the I loved called Heroes that was canceled. I read that they would try and show the ending of the series through Comic Books. is this something that Charmed and Buffy did as well?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Charmed was pretty fun. Then they switched one of the sisters out. It went downhill a fair bit there. Then they had that dumb magic school with Penny from the Big Bang Theory and I was pretty happy that it was not continued from that point onwards.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I liked Charmed & watched it when it first ran. Piper was my favorite, too. Phoebe was always kind of stupid, then they tried to make her the leader which was lulz, because Piper was the leader. Who's the Boss now, Witch!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jodymcdougle View Post
    I never got into Charmed. I like a lot of the actresses from the show though!

there was a showed the I loved called Heroes that was canceled. I read that they would try and show the ending of the series through Comic Books. is this something that Charmed and Buffy did as well?
    A lot of shows have continued on in comic books. Buffy was the first one I heard of that's done this, having Season Eight and are currently going through Season Nine. Angel did it too. Charmed has a "Season Nine" through comic books, but I don't know if it has any more after that. Smallville also continued in comic books and even Firefly is going that route. It seems to be the new trend that shows that get cancelled continue on in comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Charmed was pretty fun. Then they switched one of the sisters out. It went downhill a fair bit there. Then they had that dumb magic school with Penny from the Big Bang Theory and I was pretty happy that it was not continued from that point onwards.
    I liked Paige, and didn't mind Billie all that much, but I have to admit the writing did turn downhill the further on it went. I started to notice it in Season Five, myself. I think Four was the last great Charmed season, though even it had some flaws. Losing Prue wasn't their fault, though, if my information is correct. The popular theory is that Shannen and Alyssa had some heat backstage and it turned into a "one or the other" choice and they went with Alyssa because her character was more popular.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Oh no, I know about all the backstage drama, but it doesn't make the finished product any more enjoyable for me. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I liked Charmed & watched it when it first ran. Piper was my favorite, too. Phoebe was always kind of stupid, then they tried to make her the leader which was lulz, because Piper was the leader. Who's the Boss now, Witch!
    I don't remember that. When was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Oh no, I know about all the backstage drama, but it doesn't make the finished product any more enjoyable for me. xD
    I really just wanted an excuse to talk about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked Paige and the first few seasons after she joined were my favourite. I stopped watching when the whole magic school thing started

Piper and what's his name's relationship. Talk about drama, geez

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Piper and what's his name's relationship. Talk about drama, geez
    I see your Piper and Leo, and raise you Phoebe and Cole!

The writers obviously never heard of the phrase "quit while you're ahead."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

oh Cole

I watched this series beginning to end. My favorite characters: Piper, Cole...

I tried to requisition an art piece from black orb showing the sisters in all their individually powerful glory: Phoebe hovering in the air while wearing a devilish red outfit. Paige in white orbing similarly. Pru decked out in jewels while telekinetically lifting herself in a regal-looking chair. And Piper standing out in front "dressed to kill" (as in Cole's Alternate Timeline) wielding the Excalibur. He never got around to it. Too much on his plate.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Blog Entries

One of my ex's loved it so I watched a fair amount of episodes. It was funny not horrible

Blog Entries

I liked it back when I was at the age where I liked any show with an awesome opening song and the fact that everyone had magical powers sealed the deal. I watched it sporadically and enjoyed it but I dont know how I'd feel about it now, or how I'd feel if I actually followed the ongoing storyline.

On a side note I also liked The Craft.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 07-23-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Damn I watched this show when I was little and loved it big time! Gotta get down to it on Netflix again.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was forbidden from watching Charmed as a kid but Xena, Friends, and Will & Grace was okay. So I don't really get that.