Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF worth a PS3?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Never buy a console for a single game. But do buy consoles that have games you want to play, provided you intend to keep said console and keep playing games. Personally, I would say the PS3 is one of the best consoles in gaming history when it comes to the depth and variety of games you can get on it.

I couldn't say FFXIII is worth buying a PS3 for. I couldn't say Uncharted 2 is worth buying a PS3 for, either, though, nor The Last of Us. But they are part of the bigger reason to buy the console: the solid number of incredible games that are definitely worth playing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post

But really, if you get a PS3, most of those PS2 games are available digitally.. Physical copies are generally more expensive. So it really just matters what interests you most

I think I'd personally go with the PS3, as I can get most of those games on there, and I can watch blu-ray movies, and Netflix, and YouTube on there as well (which I do; a LOT)
    thank you for your response! it is very helpful! I'd always wanted to play the Star Ocean games! are they available on the PlayStation Network? I have a wiiU and a lot of titles can be purchased digitally, but a lot of games are also left out of the online market for some reason or another. is it similar with the PSN? thanks again for taking the time to give me specs and opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

I couldn't say FFXIII is worth buying a PS3 for. I couldn't say Uncharted 2 is worth buying a PS3 for, either, though, nor The Last of Us. But they are part of the bigger reason to buy the console: the solid number of incredible games that are definitely worth playing.
    thanks, loony bob! I don't have much money, so I was thinking "hey, if I could play THREE separate consoles game library, i'll get it!" I suppose. I didn't consider that there was an online market place to purchase games, because I haven't played anything Playstation since the PS2. I agree with you on not making a purchase for a single franchise. I made a similar decision when purchasing a wiiU. I love it! the games that I have are amazing! but very limited.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't regret my PS3 purchase at all, but I probably would have if I had bought it exclusively for FF13.

By the way, many cool PS2 games are available on PS3 through the PSN Store, even if you can't put PS2 discs into the machine to play them.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?