Thread: FFVA: music patch or not

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Default FFVA: music patch or not

The GBA version of Final Fantasy V provides many great features, such as an improved translation and a smoother user interface. However, the sound quality of GBA is pretty bad. I found this fan-made hack, which makes the music sound closer to the SNES version. I haven't had much time to test the patch, but when I tried it, the music quality still wasn't as good as on SNES, and the music sounded like mono to me.

What are your opinions about the music patch? Do you like it or not? Would you rather play with the original GBA music or with the patched music?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Articles
    Blog Entries

Out of IV Advance, V Advance and VI Advance I can honestly say that I much preferred the SNES soundtrack of IV and VI to their GBA counterparts, however V is completely different. I really prefer the GBA soundtrack of FFV.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The SNES soundtrack sounds better... on a SNES. I didn't feel like it made much of a difference when I used it on the GBA version, it's mostly the audio quality of the GBA that I think is worse, which can't be fixed by this patch.

I don't remember if I even tried the music patches for FF4 and FF6, so i can't make judgement on those patches.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?