Thread: What superboss did you like the most?

Default What superboss did you like the most?

Okay so FF series have some nice superbosses through the series, the question is which do you like the most?

I like battling Penance the most, not even sure why since it's not really hard boss at all, it's all about preparation.

I don't like Ozma much because it's totally luck based battle. There are times when he's nuts and obliterates even 99 lvl party easily and other times he's pushover to even lvl 1 party (with obvious 9999 damage skills ofc). Done it both way though.

Storywise I like FF7's superbosses the most even though it's not my favorite FF by far. I just felt like it was nice that the Weapons here were actually a part of story and even were in FMV.

So what about your's favorite superboss of the series? And do you actually like FF superbosses the most or are there other bosses from other games that you like better?

Blog Entries

I thought Yiazmat was great. It's an epic gruelling fight if you try to do it in one sitting. It took me about four and a half hours the first time.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ruby Weapon!!

It has two sexy tentacles poking us from the back!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    I thought Yiazmat was great. It's an epic gruelling fight if you try to do it in one sitting. It took me about four and a half hours the first time.
    Yeah, I really like the Yiazmat battle. There's nothing else in the series like it. Takes me about 3 hours, and I've done it twice...so far. I really like the design and integration of Emerald and Ruby. Ozma is brutal, or at least I thought so far the longest time...I can handle him pretty easily now with Dragon Crest. I think Nemesis is a pretty solid boss, since he requires a lot of time and preparation to beat. And I'll also throw in some love for Aeronite and Ereshkigal from Lightning Returns; those were the rare superbosses that, instead of being Yiazmat-esque marathons, begged to be beaten as quickly as possible. I really enjoyed those fights.

Ruby WEAPON.

Ozma is too random to start, Aeronite and Ereshkigal can be beaten with the very easily accessible Bio and Artemis Arrows that does not unlikely deal damage on a 999999 level if you continuely use it.
    Yiazmat and Omega Mark XII are very hard but they are the kind of super hard bosses that require you to have super equipment anyway to reach them. Proto Babil and Geryon are also pretty hard, Zeromus EG is easier than that. Neo Shinryu, Shinryu, Omega, Omega Mk. XII and Enuo are very hard but Final Fantasy V is pretty easy to get yourself some very useful abilities and equipment. Vercingetorix, Shao Long Gui, Yomim and those other freaks never really appeared to me like the comparable super bosses, Cie'Mar Atilla did though. However he also was just a matter of "survive until Bio has done its effect". There are others that are hard or still hard with equipment and easier with but in general: Ruby.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Honestly, Yiazmat might have been my least favorite fight so far. It was so boring. One person's constant Curaja outhealed whatever he did unless he had a Death proc, but getting back on your feet after one was no problem. That lasted about 2-3 hours, THEN you get to the actual interesting part, when he uses Growing Threat. That part of the battle is pretty cool, but the first 45 million HP are just stupid. I am so glad he only had 4 million HP in the Trial Mode.

I made a Top 5 Superbosses List recently, and my opinion is largely unchanged. Almighty Shinra is my favorite, along with Chac, and the Five Judge Magisters from XII IZJS's Trial Mode were just as great.

Ozma is among my least favorites as well, because although I appreciate the concept, the execution just had horrendous flaws. I like the idea of a superboss who is almost totally unpredictable but has very strong attacks and you have to respond accordingly and always be on your toes. But you cannot do anything against it if Meteor hits you for too much damage. It's random damage, not just random moves, and that's not good. Scratch Meteor off his list and you got a pretty fine and fun albeit somewhat easy boss fight. With Meteor he can be frustrating and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Storywise I like FF7's superbosses the most even though it's not my favorite FF by far. I just felt like it was nice that the Weapons here were actually a part of story and even were in FMV.
    To be fair Minerva in Crisis Core (though it is also Final Fantasy VII), Enuo in Final Fantasy V (though it doesn't make sense), Trema and such also have a story connection.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Omega and Shinryu from FFV because I feel they are the quintessential type of Superboss where the fight will be over in three rounds, one way or the other. While neither of them are terrible difficult if you have the proper preparation, I just prefer boss fights that don't drag on forever which is why I dislike most of FFs superbosses.

Articles

Plaything though FFX-2 normally, I messed up in the last section of the farplane and had to grind to fight Azi Dahaka. I wasn't aware he was optional. I was around level 80 when I killed him, so the final boss was actually the easiest thing ever.

I'd consider him a superboss.

I don't want to make another thread just for this question, but which Superboss of FF series is THE hardest according to you?

For me personally it's Omega Weapon without invincibility items and I heard that the battle with five judges is actually one of the best and hardest battles in the series.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've also heard the Judges can be really challenging if you are not prepared for them.

Ozma is probably the hardest, simply because he's a luck based boss. Doesn't matter your level or what abilities you have, if Ozma decides it's just going to spam Meteor (which always seems to land a hit for him) every round then you're pretty much boned. Then again he can also be the easiest if he decides to waste his turns.

Other than that, none of them really, with proper prep work and some foreknowledge of their patterns, most of them are pretty easy except for the eventual grind needed to prep for them. Maybe Yiazmat if you count getting bored out of your smurfing mind before it dies as difficult.
    Last edited by Wolf Kanno; 07-31-2014 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Department of redundancy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ruby and Emerald were my favorites. I couldn't tell you who the hardest superboss is.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ozma. I like balls.