Thread: Macros

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Default Macros

I use them, they save space on the hotbar by allowing me to put all my buffs on one button and another for all my self heals like second wind.

Who else uses them and does anyone have any cool combination?

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

I don't use that many, but the ones I do use, I love. I'm on my work computer right now, but I'll try to edit in the actual macro commands later:

* Oath macro (PLD) - One macro which will switch between shield/sword oath depending on what's currently active, and turns on shield oath if neither is up.
    * Selene/Eos macros (SCH) - When I summon either pet, these macros change my hotbars to have pet-specific skills into already keybound slots.
    * Ifrit/Titan/Garuda macros (SMN) - Similar to the SCH macros, summoning these pets change my hotbars up as well.
    * Get to the choppa macro - When I smack the hotkey, it sends a message to the party ("Big hit coming, you know what to do!"), for when party members are eating too many plumes.

FFXIV Character

I was in a party with a thaumaturge who had a macro that would auto target an enemy that the tank wasn't targeting, cast a sleep spell while posting a message saying what he was doing and marking the enemy with a symbol. I thought that that was really clever and would totally copy it except I never use those kind of spells.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've only got one for my BLM to double flare. I use it following the first flare and it goes convert->swiftcast->flare->transpose. It's soooo fun when you have 3+ BLMs doing it to a big mob. So many booms.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I have gearset swap macros that automatically sort my armory as well which I place in two vertical hotbars along the left-hand side of my screen. I probably use those most often.

I also have a macro set up for Eye for an Eye that specifies <tt> rather than <t> so that I don't need to change my target to hit the tank with the buff as a BLM.

I typically try to stay away from macros that can combine multiple abilities as there's always the chance that lag can cause them to miss a step and the timing is not as accurate as doing it on my own. I do have a Raise macro that will check for Swiftcast before Raise, but other than that, I prefer to use macros sparingly in combat.

I might set up a macro on convert that will default to use a mega-ether if convert is down, though.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I never took the time to understand how macros work. I've been fine with pressing 1 to 9 buttons and just using them accordingly, while admitting that the macros I haven't taken the time to figure out would probably only help me in the long run.

FFXIV Character

For annoying reasons I've been playing on my ps3 rather than pc and macros are really helpgul for saving space. Getting all my combat abilities on one loadout makes it easier to play than cycling through several.

Handy macro tip for fellow archers, replace heavy shot with this.

Misery's End -> Heavy Shot -> Bloodletter-> Barrage

Do the same for straight shot as well. With this, you dont need to check if Misery's End and bloodletter is ready as you will fire them whenever they are available. And you'll recast barrage as soon as its ready too.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

The most useful macros I've seen involve chatlog messages for announcements like [Swiftcast + Resurrection] and ability consolidation to save room as mentioned above. I keep [Eye for an Eye/Bane] in the same hotbar slot to save room, for example.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

I've been trying to get a working targeting macro for my tank, but so far I haven't had much luck. in fact the first time I used a targeting macro it marked one of the other players.. >.> I'm still at the drawing board. I have no idea what kind of macros to put together for my healers either. Just loads of fun right?

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by radicaledward124 View Post
    I've been trying to get a working targeting macro for my tank, but so far I haven't had much luck. in fact the first time I used a targeting macro it marked one of the other players.. >.> I'm still at the drawing board. I have no idea what kind of macros to put together for my healers either. Just loads of fun right?
    I don't use tanks or healers so I'm probably not the best to give advice on them but a useful thing to have is /assist (or /as) if your a healer. If the parties tank has aggro'd the mob your targeting and you use /as then you will switch to the tank. If your using a controller you can config it to a button, I have it on right analogue stick. Then hitting it again should switch you to the tanks target.

When it comes to writing I'll try and give you an example.

/macroicon "Heavy Shot"
    /ac Bloodletter <t>
    /ac "Misery's End" <t>
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
    /ac "Heavy Shot" <t>

1st line -This is what the macro will look like in the hotbar. Any ability that is more than one word needs to be put in quotation marks.
    2nd line - /ac or /action is tell your character to use the ability, here its Bloodletter, on <t> or <target>. So for this to work you would have to have a target selected. If your a healer and you have the tank targeted for the most part then you can use <tt> for offensive abilities as it will target the tanks target.
    3rd/4th line -These abilities only work when the enemy has 20% health left so most of the time it'll flash up saying its not ready it.
    5th line -This macro is primarily used just so I can use Heavy shot, but it has a cool down of 2.5 seconds. So if it was placed anywhere other than the end, anything underneath it would not be used as Heavy Shot refreshes too quickly. A way around this is to use /wait 2.5, for example:

/ac Flash <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Riot Blade" <t>
    /wait 2.5
    /ac "Fast Blade" <t>

The first macro example is button mashing, the second example is you pressing one button then it does the rest, but it feels very slow. Button mashing the second macro will cause you to repeatedly cast Flash.

Hope that helps and actually makes sense.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Luna Devika (Sargatanas)

it does thanks! I actually managed to write a working targeting macro for my tank the other day after looking around on the net and fiddling with the given text commands. It wasn't that hard to do once i found the right info. what i wrote is:

/mk attack1 <t>
    /nexttarget
    /mk attack2 <t>
    /nexttarget
    /mk attack3 <t>

and it works like a charm! now with the push of a button I can mark the baddies for the DPS to kill as I need them. If i need to I can add to this to include the chains and add a text for the party that explains the order numbers then chains. It's nice to have that.

Edit:

My Wifu gave me some Macros for my white mage that have been really helpful but i don't remember them off the top of my head^^

So this is love and See you space cowboy were made for me.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    For annoying reasons I've been playing on my ps3 rather than pc and macros are really helpgul for saving space. Getting all my combat abilities on one loadout makes it easier to play than cycling through several.

Handy macro tip for fellow archers, replace heavy shot with this.

Misery's End -> Heavy Shot -> Bloodletter-> Barrage

Do the same for straight shot as well. With this, you dont need to check if Misery's End and bloodletter is ready as you will fire them whenever they are available. And you'll recast barrage as soon as its ready too.
    My macro for this has repelling shot, blood letter, Misery's end and blunt arrow on one button. All of the no tp actions with separate cooldowns on another cannel from my main attacks like heavy arrow and wind bite.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post

My macro for this has repelling shot, blood letter, Misery's end and blunt arrow on one button. All of the no tp actions with separate cooldowns on another cannel from my main attacks like heavy arrow and wind bite.
    I don't tend to use Blunt Arrow in Macros because it's kind of weak and I like to have it available to interrupt enemy magic attacks. But I guess it would increase your DPS slightly.

Similarly, I don't really use Repelling Shot in Macros as much as I should do because in runs I don't often get that close to enemies nor would I want to accidentally jump backwards into an AOE. But I do have Repelling shot -> Shadowbind in case I accidentally aggro something.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

I skimmed through here and I didn't see the most important pet macro of all!

/macroicon "appropriate pet here"
    /ac "Summon #"
    /wait 6.5
    /petaction {Obey}

The MOMENT the little bugger materializes, it goes into Obey stance, and will not take automatic actions. Useful if you have to recast your pet in a room with the boss, keeping in mind that any time you disconnect, pets automatically switch back to their default, do whatever the smurf I want to do stance.

6 seconds is too short.
    7 seconds is too long.

DO IT.

Even if you run your pets on auto, it's worth it not to risk an accidental pet pull.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I macro Blood for Blood and Keen Furry together for the DPS increase with the extra parry to counter the extra damage taken.
    Spineshatter Dive and Power Surge together as well since they share the same CD and are generally woven between GCDS on boss fights.