Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friends with Benefits

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Friends with Benefits

It's always great to have friends who you can rely on for a specific service, or assistance in a particular area.

I just got a bike for the very first time, and while I can cycle, I know hardly anything about road cycling, or bike maintenance or anything (I only learnt to ride a bike by myself when I was sixteen).

Thankfully, I have a cyclist friend from University who said that he can help service my bike and teach me things like dealing with roundabouts, gears, braking downhill, and so on.

I don't quite have a friend who is very handy with computers, or D.I.Y, electronics, or cars, but I will eventually.

Discuss having the sort of friends you can rely on to help you out with specific areas!

Blog Entries

Ooh.... oh, those kinds of benefits.

As someone who works in IT, it grinds my gears when people are "friends" with me just because they want someone to clean up their post-fapping malware mess every few weeks. Though obviously I'll help an actual friend out, but you learn to spot the ones who only want to know you when something's broken... where you see their number come up on your phone and can answer with "Hi Steve, what have you broken?"

Blog Entries

Off topic: I remember when people use to ask me for help in school work I'd take a shot at it and when it was clear they weren't getting it and I got frustrated, I just say "get it now?" and they'll say something completely wrong or irrelevant like "Yeah you overloaded the function to parse the variables" I'll say "yep that's right you got it" and go back to my own work.

On topic: I have a few friends who are willing to wingman me for regular social interactions so when I start becoming completely awkward they jump in and salvage the conversation.

When ever I have trouble in anything related to handyness I'll google it and if I still cant figure it out I get my dad.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Ooh.... oh, those kinds of benefits.

Let's see,

Food services executive

I have a friend (actually there are three) that I always hang out with when I wanted to have some action with food!! She will recommend me all the best spots to get the best food!!! She even feeds me on occasion when I get too lazy from walking!! OINK OINK OINK!!

IT Solutions Assistants

I got a couple of guy friends who help me with IT stuffs IRL. But over here online,I got Rantz, my son to settle all my IT related craps. Oh god, I wish I can bring him to real life and add him to my collections of IT slaves buddies!

Chauffeur Services

I got a few colleagues that will chauffeur me to work or back home every now and then. I can catch a few minutes of extra sleep inside their cars and if I am lucky, I can get free breakfast!

Fitness Companion
    I have a friend of mine who I always hang out with when it comes to jogging and fitness. We will jog round the park together with her always running out of breath first. Haha, funny thing is we will go have a mega feast after the jog and wasted all the efforts put into running.
    Last edited by Christmas; 07-23-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm that friend.

Blog Entries

I don't have friends, much less friends that are good for anything.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I harbor a wealth of religious professional mommy friends who take time out of their lives to offer me parenting advice on a daily basis via my facebook feed and will surely be a lifesaver resource to me when I return to church and start popping out mini Shortys.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I harbor a wealth of religious professional mommy friends who take time out of their lives to offer me parenting advice on a daily basis via my facebook feed and will surely be a lifesaver resource to me when I return to church and start popping out mini Shortys.
    God help us all...

im looking for a bona fide black friend please pm me ive got a gay friend and a woman friend just need a good race friend and im socially safe

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a couple friends who could help out with stuff if asked. Not to say it's beneficial to me, but it's quite handy if I need help. :P

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I don't really have friends who I can group easily and most things I can take care of for myself. I have friends who would maybe help me with my car or help me patio my garden but they're already my friends and I don't really keep them around to use them later or anything.

I defo have friends I would do different things with though. Certain people I'd go to the pub with I wouldn't take a trip to a museum with, for example

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't think of any friends that I use for anything anymore, but back when I had a hard time finding a job I networked and found friends in the profession I wanted.

Now it's changed and I'm usually the go-to for people who need help finding jobs in specific areas. I'm well-aware a few people friended me specifically for this reason, but I don't mind that much. I probably should just start charging people and become an agent at this point, ha.

Blog Entries

^ Do it.

Lol you could be a Head Hunter!

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sex.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

I am always that guy that never has cash and makes splitting a dinner bill or a drinks tab much harder than it ever should be. All of my friends are great because they're big suckers who pay for my food because they're always happy for me to sort them out later.

I also have a friend that is more or less nocturnal and therefore, sourcing some company before going out to get some food, even if it's 2am, is made easy.

As for me, the benefit that I bring to my friends would be probably be that I drive anybody anywhere. I've done the airport drop off and pickup probably a few dozen times. Smurf, I'm dependable.