Thread: Humble Square Enix Bundle

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Humble Square Enix Bundle

Some goodies for Steam.

Humble Bundle has announced that they will be launching the first-ever Humble Square Enix Bundle, featuring 16 titles on Steam from some of Square Enix’s biggest franchises.
    Users can pay what they want now to unlock Thief Gold, Daikatana, Mini Ninjas, Anachronox, Hitman: Codename 47, and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.
    Source

For those unfamiliar with Humble Bundle, you can choose whether your payment goes to them, the developer, or charity. Not a bad deal, really.

That selection of games is a depressing reminder of what Square-Enix is these days, though.

I'm pretty much the same way. The Last Remnant would be an apt PC bundle game. Since it is available on PC, and it's a bit more "Square Enix" than most of those games. Nothing on that list really interests me. Hell, FFVII and VIII are also on PC, they'd have been good ones as well. The new Tomb Raider is frequently only 9.99 or less. They could easily throw that in there

There's some okay games in there, but most of them are really old. So aside from Thief and Deus Ex, it's basically "Okay, here's some of our garbage to sell, good luck getting your donations". Way to go Square. But I guess free is free, and anyone who ever wanted to check out Anachronox, they can now do so for a dollar

It's like Square-Enix tried to come up with the most depressing bundle imaginable.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

This is the first bundle were there wasn't a single game that I wanted and the amount of Hitman in this list is off putting for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So it's basically an Eidos bundle. Lol @ them still trying to push Daikatana on people, about 15 years after it was universally acclaimed as an overhyped piece of trout.

18j3h1di06j1.jpg

Anachronox is pretty cool, though
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Most of these I haven't played so I may get something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't heard of like, most of these games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    That selection of games is a depressing reminder of what Square-Enix is these days, though.
    That's exactly what my roommate said. He got all excited then looked at the games and said "Oh yeah they've only put out this crap lately"

Articles

I had considered it, but aren't all these from developers that Square has bought over rather than anything they have personally made. "Hey you know how we bought all these guys? Lets sell their stuff for stupid cheap".