Thread: Kickstarter Putin West Games on suspension

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Kickstarter Putin West Games on suspension

Areal was introduced as the spiritual successor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., a popular FPS survival-horror game developed by GSC Game World and published by THQ. West Games started off with a goal of $50,000 desipite not having much game footage to actually show off; with this lack of footage came backers’ skepticism that a game of Areal’s scope could be made on such a small budget. This was exascerbated when the developers who worked on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stated that hundreds of people worked on the game, so West Games’ claim that they were the folks behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R. aroused a fair amount of suspicion.
    Source

Say hello to my first official news article. I know a lot of people here are PC gamers, so have any of you played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Have you been following Areal on Kickstarter? What are your thoughts on the issue? For obvious reasons I'm not allowed to take a side, but I would love to hear what everyone thinks on the matter. This was a pretty interesting story to read.

Discuss.
    [Shorty said this was okay]

Edit: You may experience some loading trouble. The site has been lagging all day.
    Last edited by Ayen; 07-24-2014 at 03:17 AM.