Thread: C.O.M. - 2nd Play Through

Moogle C.O.M. - 2nd Play Through

I know that you receive a different menu screen and rikku's story after you've completed the game a 1st time. but do you get any additional cards or anything else new for playing a 2nd time in Sora's story?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe so, though it has been awhile so I can be mistaken. I believe you get easier access to the three best Keyblades in the final area of the game. Two of which, Diamond Dust and One Winged Angel, were keyblades only accessible from Final Mix, not to mention you retain all of your enemy cards. I think you also retain your level upgrades.

very cool! I've been stuck in the fight with rikku after destiny island for two days! once I beat him, I will find out! the new key blades would be pretty cool!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They are still rare unfortunately but more power to you if you can get them. For Riku, just make sure you have a couple of 0 cards to stop him from using Dark Aura and he should go down easy. He's one of those fights where it's more important to wear him down than to try to finish him quickly cause quite frankly, he's better at it than the player is, especially in a first run through.

managed to beat him. it took some time and some patience, but I got him.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Playing as Riku was one of my driving forces for trying to beat this game. I didn't end up doing it, but it's a goal I'd like to reach at some point.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Playing as Riku was one of my driving forces for trying to beat this game. I didn't end up doing it, but it's a goal I'd like to reach at some point.
    He's fun but I am going to warn you that he's technically "hard" mode in that if you don't have a strong grasp of the battle mechanics, you will be eaten alive. Basically, unlike Sora, Riku can't build a deck, his decks are supplied to the player with each new world, the only cards he keeps are the enemy/boss cards. He has three sleights of which only two of them are worthwhile and each world his decks remove high end cards forcing you to understand timing and how to make the most out of a less than ideal deck. Course Riku gets Dark Mode which destroys everything so its not a total uphill battle.