Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dou you want FFX-3 to happen?

Default Dou you want FFX-3 to happen?

Okay first of all topic isn't supposed to address the fact that SE said they aren't making it and aren't interested in it, it is simply about personal opinion on another sequel.

Before I got to know about the 2.5 novel and - will - I would have of course said no way, but now that the story is absolutely opened again I personally feel that it does need a definite ending even though I can't really see just how it's possible to save this.

Also if you are for sequel, what form would you want? Another game? Another novel? Or perhaps long movie that would wrap it all up in 2 hours and be done with it?

Personally if it was my choice, I would say movie probably could still somehow save the story in reasonable way without making us actually play countless hours through well known world in well known danger of Sin.

Articles

I like the idea, but the audio dairy they did for the remastered basically retconned the entire series.Yuna and Tidus Breaking up, Yuna no long being as strong and independent woman as she was in X-2, Sin coming back etc.

It'd like to see them expand it and explain what's they were thinking.

there was a novel? yes, I would like to see it happen.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I would hate for this to happen. If something absolutely has to be added to this universe, i'd rather have a prequel.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I would hate the story ending like this, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    To me only FFX is canon. X-2 is not.
    Oh man.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 07-24-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

No. I want them to retcon the retcon and leave X and all previous entries of the franchise alone. If your sequel idea can be a remake it shouldn't have had any groundwork done to set it up to begin with.

To me only FFX is canon. X-2 is not.

I'd like to see Squeenix challenge themselves to create a new game in a new world that is as breathtaking and engaging as Spira, and not choose the easy way out by another case of sequelitis.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My life will be completed when that happens.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm kind of interested to see where it goes

Well personally i can somehow see where it could go.

(SPOILER)I read somewhere that Yuna breaking up with Tidus is because she feels guilty that he died again, she summoned him back and he's now hurting because of it so it's not like "hey I saw that guy's ABs and they are hotter than yours, bye bye" and also if Sins and everyones return isn't permanent but it's just because Farplane unstability, then perhaps in the next sequel Sin wouldn't really be the danger, and it could be fight against time to figure out how to stabilize Farplane before it ruins the Spira and solving that would finally destroy all the released unsent and Sin again, returning the Spira to what it should be.
    Last edited by Ergroilnin; 07-25-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Well personally i can somehow see where it could go.

(SPOILER)I read somewhere that Yuna breaking up with Tidus is because she is feels guilty that he died again, she summoned him back and he's now hurting because of it so it's not like "hey I saw that guy's ABs and they are hotter than yours, bye bye" and also if Sins and everyones return isn't permanent but it's just because Farplane unstability, then perhaps in the next sequel Sin wouldn't really be the danger, and it could be fight against time to figure out how to stabilize Farplane before it ruins the Spira and solving that would finally destroy all the released unsent and Sin again, returning the Spira to what it should be.
    Huh. That actually sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I'd like to see Squeenix challenge themselves to create a new game in a new world that is as breathtaking and engaging as Spira, and not choose the easy way out by another case of sequelitis.
    While I don't dislike X-2, I can agree that it was unnecessary. I'll always rather see an entry in a new world than a sequel, at least when it comes to SE. If they've demonstrated one thing during their run, it's that sequels are not one of their strengths.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

I like X-2, but I don't know when I first got a glimpse of the sequel and saw Yuna (was my favorite ff lady at that time, so quiet, so cute and her hair!) dressed like that and acting that way, it kinda harassed my brain lol. It was like the amazing fantasy world of spira, so rich in history and culture, suddenly goes mega kpop on your asses. Lol. So I would've preferred leaving X the way it was, and that said I don't think my fragile little brain can withstand an x-3.

SIGSIG

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Sure, Spira is one of my fav FF worlds..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I heard the drama though, it didn't really seem like they broke up if I'm remembering correctly. Like they weren't doing too good but it didn't seem like they called it quits. Then again it's been a few months since I heard it