Thread: Battling Quale

Default Battling Quale

Did you ever battle Quale?

If so how hard was he compared to Ozma?

I personally never fought him because I always found catching the frogs too annoying, tiring and boring but I am thinking about doing it for the sake of battling Quale next time.

Articles

Same boat. Never fought him.

On that note, do people have trouble with ozma? I've never had any bother with him but everyone I've heard talking about him calls him the hardest thing in the game.

Well he definitely is the hardest or at least on of the hardest encounters in the game. Not sure if other people have problems with it, I defeated it both at 99 and 1 lvls and neither of them were hard.

However the thing about Ozma is it's complete randomness. In some battles it's crazy and wipes you out easily spamming comet etc. and other times it's really easy and Ozma doesn't use any of it's hard attacks. That could be the hard part for most people.

Articles

Perhaps. I tended to kill him within 2/3 turns of him attacking so I never succumbed to that dumb randomness factor. Freya/Stiener/Eiko/Vivi OP.

Blog Entries

Yeah, the thing with Ozma is that unlike other superbosses of the FF series, he didn't stick to a certain pattern of attacks.

Anyway, Quale basically has a lot of HP and uses a lot of status inducing magic. Going into the battle with immunities to everything set up should do the trick. He/she isn't hard at all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ozma is definitely the hardest enemy in the game, although arguably the Friendly Yan is the strongest.

I fought Quale once, but it was a pretty unspectacular fight. He's pretty weak. Spent a lot of time stealing, though.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will never hurt another Qu!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's pretty easy and you should only bother with him if you plan on using Qunia cause he has all of Qunia's best gear. Ozma is hard due to the random factor, if he decides to open the battle with Meteor or Bad Breath which inflicts the Mini status that can't be guarded against, then you are pretty much screwed. If he just spams Apocalypse or his other non-threatening moves he's a joke.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Fighting Quale is like fighting a teddy bear compared to most of the other disc 3/4 bosses

Articles
    Blog Entries

No. I never messed with the frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Did you ever battle Quale?

If so how hard was he compared to Ozma?

I personally never fought him because I always found catching the frogs too annoying, tiring and boring but I am thinking about doing it for the sake of battling Quale next time.
    I generally take up the frog catching side quest every play through. The rewards are decent, especially if you use Quina in your party. As far as Quale goes I found him to be very easy and in all honesty I have never beaten Ozma no matter how many times I have played this game. Too many bad memories of when I was a kid My next play through, I plan to conquer that task!
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."