Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of Tidus's name never being said in game?

There is actually a blitzball player in Guadosalam who calls Tidus by name or whatever name you have put in. That's the only instance I know of.

For the voice acting it would have been a massive job to do all sentences with his name twice. Don't underestimate how many tries it takes to get a good take, let alone match the sequence of visuals behind it as it would be different timing with name as opposed to no name.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As others have said, I found it much more jarring in FFX-2. "Him" is what they call Tidus. It's ridiculous. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I bugged me quite a lot. I would rather they just called him Tidus than give us the option to name him, but only providing it was pronounced correctly.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Yea, I don't see why they didn't just force a name on him. Two VA tracks would be ridiculous. I don't get why people really want to name characters anyway, aside from for comedy purposes. I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone about the age of 7 who particularly wanted to name characters.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I never understood why they didn't force a name on him considering that every other PC in the game had a name. And you could name your aeons, so it wasn't like there was no personalization in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.