Thread: What games do you most want EoFFers to stream?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default What games do you most want EoFFers to stream?

Not LP's. Streams. Well, maybe they stream and do an LP. That would also work.

Which games do you really, really wish more people would stream?

I wish more people would stream Dwarf Fortress and Frog Fractions.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

I will have decent internet soon, so I can feesably start streaming soon. I'm sure we'll just be streaming the crap that we normally play all the time.

I'd be interested to see some realm reborn streaming. I've not had much exposure to it and It may convince me to buy a good PC and actually play it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I hope to be able to stream it later this year, after a PC upgrade. The big problem with streaming FFXIV is that both Danielle and I play FFXIV together, so that's two "streams" of FFXIV going in and out of our house already, and then adding the additional stream on top of that along with the load it puts on the PC... urgh. But I really want to. I know our fellow Fat Chocobos like watching each other run dungeons 'live' if possible.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Games I can't afford and can play vicariously through the streamer

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Bandwidth for playing FFXIV is negligible compared to bandwidth for a video stream of FFXIV. I think I've seen 8MB/hour mentioned for playing FFXIV. The game is sending a few numbers back and forth to the server a few times per second. Video streaming is nonstop data, 30 or 60 frames per second, each frame being a full snapshot of your screen (or some compressed version of it). Depending on resolution/framerate/etc., it can be multiple gigabytes per hour. Put another way, streaming a video of the game sends more data over the network in one second than playing the game for an hour.

If you network connection sucks, then that could be a problem. You could also have a bottleneck on your CPU/GPU. You need a pretty good CPU to play a game at high quality and encode that game into a video stream on the same computer.

My impression watching MMO streams has been extreme boredom. MMO gameplay consists of 1) Walking long distances between places 2) Standing around talking to your friends 3) Shopping 4) Crafting 5) Dialog boxes 6) A few minutes of excitement when you're in a dungeon or boss fight or whatever. That's fun when you're doing it and incredibly boring when you're watching it. But YMMV. It might be different when the people standing around talking are your friends.

I like watching speedruns of NES games, and platformers/Metroidvanias, and dorky indie games, and roguelikes / rogue-lites. That's mostly what I watch and mostly what I stream.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't really paid attention to the streaming side of things around here. Has anyone streamed Trials Fusion? All the ways you can crash in that game looks like it'd be entertaining to watch.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Yes, one of the bigger streamers on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/manvsgame) streamed Trials and Trials 2 for a very long time. I honestly got tired of watching it. You can only take so much of someone crashing 800 times on the same level.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

IMO platform style games are easiest to watch; I also really enjoy watching good Awesomenauts streams.

Sadly my favorite type of games to play (grand strategy and 4X) aren't the most watchable games in the world

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dark Souls or Sekiro. Nothing beats a old school sword fight.
    Last edited by Christmas; 04-01-2022 at 02:40 PM.

if the streams are like their posts, ill watch christmas stream anything

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I did streaming and they said I made Jabba the Hutt looks good! I was expecting Xenomorph Queen, guess I am not that bad afterall!

Maybe I should venture into OnlyFans and give some middle aged old men some nightmares to remember by.