Thread: Which games do you want people to LP?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Which games do you want people to LP?

Are there any certain games you think would make for great LP threads, but nobody is doing it? Post them here! Maybe you can inspire someone.

Personally, I feel there are three kinds of LPs that work out great.

Custom Games: I love all kinds of games where there is a lot of potential for naming things after EoFFers or EoFF-esque things. Sims is the obvious one, but that's being done already. That new game that Proto did was pretty awesome too. However, life simulators are all good and well, but my absolute favourites kick in when there is more to it than that, such as the always-enjoyable and always-EoFFerised XCOM LP's we've had over time. Football Manager and other such sport sims? Excellent. If anyone is into playing sports games I would love to see some EoFF teams made in the sport of your preference and placed into a notable league. I think it would be great fun.

Open World Games: I also like open world kind of things, and in this case I'll basically include any game where you can do all kinds of things, not just TPS style. I think a GTA LP would be interesting, and Minecraft. Civ IV, too, perhaps! Even a good RTS can work for this kind of thing.

Funny LP Games: The other kind of LP I like is limited in what it allows when it comes to creativity, so it has to be funny. More importantly, the person playing it has to offer amusing commentary based on the happenings. This pretty much includes all the other games, but I feel that since the games are generally the same no matter who plays them, it becomes very important to try to come up with something that makes it more interesting than the game itself. The onus is very much on the LP'er at this point.

So, what kinds of LPs do you prefer? What games do you want to see given an LP by an EoFFer? List them off here!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

You should do a Lets play of FFIX Bob. Doing lots of Chocobo Hot and Cold, and tetra master!

Honestly for me, a custom game would be something I'd be interested in. Funny lets plays rely on good personalties. Game grumps was good for it when Jontron was still around. Custom games allow for the manipulation of the source material to be something hilarious. For example

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Xenoblade Chronicles!

And Fire Emblem: Awakening!

Articles

I'm sure there's a way to capture 3DS video/images, but fire emblem does not have a feesable image capturing system like tomodachi life had.

Fire emblem awakening is rad though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh

I just want someone else to play it so I can learn tricks and stuff since the game is much too hard for me

There's something!

I like to see games I have an interest in to see if either I want to purchase them myself or to see what others think so I can discuss it with them and learn some of their tips and such

Articles
    Blog Entries

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Battletoads/Double Dragon
    Crash Bandicoot 2 or 3
    Cyborg Justice
    F.E.A.R.
    F.E.A.R. 2
    Deadpool
    Doom
    Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Game Dev Tycoon
    Metal Gear Solid
    Mortal Kombat II
    Resident Evil
    Spelunky
    Street Fighter 2
    Super Mario Bros 2
    X-Men 2: Clone Wars

Crash Bandicoot, Deadpool, Spelunky, and Resident Evil are perfect fodder for funny LPs. Spelunky in more of a "You keep dying and we enjoy laughing at your misery" funny. In Crash Bandicoot we all can laugh at your death because the way Crash dies is funny. Metal Gear Solid has some funny moments to offer too and a lot of story to cover. RE will speak for itself the moment you play it. The scary games are so you can feel my suffering. The rest is just me going on a nostalgia binge.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I'd love to do a let's play, but tbh the only games I play right now are FFXIV, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone and occassionally Diablo 3 - none of those really lend themselves very well to the LP format.

Some older FFs (read X and lower) and possibly with some challenges too!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Add The Walking Dead to my list.

Feel. My. Pain.

Blog Entries

If I could get some people to play with me, Altis life for Arma3 would be a hilarious Lets Play.

Caution lots of swearing, but this is the glorious Arma3 mode called Altis Life
    Last edited by escobert; 07-29-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Would anyone be interested in or at least sign up for an EyesonFF Basketball team in NBA 2k13? I have it on my PC so I could get some easy screenshots, maybe even video if someone helps teach me how to record it. I'd need at least 8 or 9 sign ups, even if you don't particularly like basketball it could be super fun because there's lots of stats to keep track of, the games are generally quite close and there's lots of memorable moments through a season. Unfortunately there isn't a 'female' player option but girls can still sign up for the lol's.

It's also an extremely easy game to understand, ball goes in the hoop, whoever gets it in the hoop the most at the end wins.
    Last edited by Pheesh; 07-31-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Xenogears or Brave Fencer Musashi

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

I think it might be worth noting for some people that there are a good portion of Fan-translated unreleased games for newer handhelds that I'm sure lots of people would be interested in but have no access or ability to play them

Some good examples are the second Fire Emblem game released for the DS which has a LOT of options that people felt were introduced in Awakening. Like customized main character, and the option for a casual mode

Tales of Innocence is probably never coming to the states, and though the Vita remake looks fantastic, the fan-translated DS rom is probably the best way to go. These two are especially great examples because DS emulation is relatively easy to capture. Though not always easy to set up. My computer for instance gets really wonky with more complex games, leaving most RPGs off the table for emulation. Fortunately I got a flash cart to play on an actual console. But that doesn't help for LP, plus I think I'd be horrible at an LP so I'm just here giving ideas for others

A good example for PSP is Valkyria Chronicles 3. PSP tends to emulate a lot better on PC for some reason, probably due to not having two screens to compute, nor touch-pad emulation. At least for me they run better. I have a hard time of thinking of other good examples in this regard, though playing any PSP game on emulator lends itself to good lets play opportunities. Cryaotic did a fantastic Lets Play of Corpse Party on YouTube. He got so into the voice acting and drama of it, he even made himself cry. And the viewers, if you're susceptible to that (amusingly, I did tear up lol)

ALSO the scenario 2 and 3 versions of Shining Force 3 were relatively recently patched, so playing a Saturn game on emulator is also an option. And strategy games are slow enough to make screen-capture LP a lot friendlier. Though I don't know how well any computer would run video capture along with Saturn emulation, since most computers loathe emulating Saturn to begin with

And of course there's the good old fan translated SNES games: Treasure Hunter G, Rudras War, Tales of Phantasia, Bahamut Lagoon, etc.

Speaking of which, there's a few gems for the SegaCD and PSOne people may not have access to. Snatcher, and Policenauts come to mind. I finally played through Snatcher on a Genesis emulator on my PSP. And though I tried to do the same with Policenauts it was relatively difficult at times so I had to resort to watching an LP online. It was good, but I'm sure others could do better

Anyway, I'm gonna stop rambling. I'm making myself want to play a lot of games I don't have time for lol and it's almost time to get ready for work