Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last of Us: The Movie!?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah it seems too easy to make this into a movie. I have a feeling this will be the first good one, but I wish it was something more surprising. I love to be proven wrong.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ellen Page and that dude from Warrior. Not Tom Hardy, the other dude.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't really see the Ellen Page/Ellie likeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    This project is odd to me, because I feel Last of Us was already the movie version of Last of Us.
    Yeah, it was pretty much a game in movie format. This feels like more of a cash-in than anything and that has me worried. Though I'm perfectly all right with Williams playing Ellie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't really see the Ellen Page/Ellie likeness.
    Only in cover pictures and such. In the game she doesn't really look like her.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

This whole explosion of new video game movies in production, mostly backed by Sony, is strange, and worrisome.

From the moment I heard that a film version of The Last of Us was in production, it just sounded so pointless to me. The game was already so cinematic, a movie based on such a game seems like a pretty moot endeavor, even more so when, from the sound of it, they don't want to change anything about the plot.

This is all coming from someone who's a pretty big fan of the game, by the way. Nothing about this excites me.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    This whole explosion of new video game movies in production, mostly backed by Sony, is strange, and worrisome.

From the moment I heard that a film version of The Last of Us was in production, it just sounded so pointless to me. The game was already so cinematic, a movie based on such a game seems like a pretty moot endeavor, even more so when, from the sound of it, they don't want to change anything about the plot.

This is all coming from someone who's a pretty big fan of the game, by the way. Nothing about this excites me.
    Expanding the story to people who wouldn't otherwise have played the game is probably their endevour, not necessarily creating something that the existing fanbase thinks complements the game. It seems moot to a lot of us because we have played the game, but there's a lot of people out there who haven't.

Think about it like Hollywood remakes of foreign film. Plenty of people in whichever market the film had originated from may have loved it, and though the Hollywood version may not add anything new to it other than some more familiar faces and English, it can still be awesome. Like The Departed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I suppose if you're going to adapt any game it may as well be the one already working under a movie format. At most they'd just have to cut some stuff to fit the run time.