Thread: Best Moment in FFX

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Best Moment in FFX

Sorry, I feel like I keep making threads in this sub-forum!

Anyway, I've now just made it to Zanarkand, but before that, I saw Yuna's farewell message sphere, which she somehow dropped pretty carelessly behind her.

For me, that is probably the most moving scene in the game. Just seeing her, one by one, address her guardians (sorry Rikku) is very touching, and to hear in her voice that she has accepted that she is going to die.

What has been your best moments in FFX? It doesn't have to be story related. It could just be killing Penance or getting under 0.00.00 in the Chocobo race finally.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

For me it's when Tidus does his goofy laugh, & everybody just stares @ him like he's gone off the deep end.

For me it's the speech before killing Yunalesca.

Gamewise anything between these three: >0:00:00 race, >200 lighting bolts, all butterflies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Crashing Seymour's wedding.

When Seymour shows up the party at Luca by unleashing Anima, which effortlessly blows up everything that moves in a pretty little cloud of screaming pyreflies. I've always loved that little cutscene. It's a shame that Anima's wow factor was demolished utterly by how pathetically easy she was to beat at the temple afterwards, but that first time it was something special.

Gameplay-wise, beating Penance after nearly an hour of constantly bashing his arms just to hit his torso 120-odd times felt quite satisfying. The chocobo races were a relief to get rid of, and the Lightning dodge minigame was painfully monotonous for me; I ended up doing it in 20-bolt bursts over the space of about 6 hours. I didn't get much satisfaction out of doing it; it became a "just for the trophy" activity after the first few screw-ups.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

My best moment was seeing Yojimbo's zanmato for the first time. When I first got him I decided to test him on the Seymour battle on top of Gagazet. I paid him 5000 and he did Zanmato, Seymour was like *poof*. I remembered how difficult he was on bevelle so was like omfg! That was my first encounter with the Gagazet Seymour too lol. So my real experience with him actually ended up happening on my 2nd playthrough lol. But seeing that huge sword spurting from the ground (gof knows where it came from)--- good times.

For me it's in Home when Tidus finally learns what actually is supposed to happen to summoners when they reach Zanarkand. I just hit this again on my playthrough of the HD version and this scene hits me in the heart every time for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    For me it's the speech before killing Yunalesca.
    And that is probably my favorite dialogue in the game.