Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summons in Final Fantasy XV

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Carbuncle should have ruby rays shoot from his eyes like Cyclops of the X-Men.

I'd be glad if they didn't use all the same old summons as they have in the past. How many games are going to have Ifrit/Flamer? I'd like new summons for Fire/Lit/Ice.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Did anyone else notice in the E3 2013 trailer, (watch in slowmo on youtube) leviathan near the end there has created a tornado whirlpool with all the parts of the city flying around it, and all the water magic cast looks like a leviathan/serpent... Kind of intrigued now how magic will work with summons. Just never noticed it could destroy an entire city/nation.

Can someone clarify this for me: I still can't figure out if that city is lucis, I'm confused the darker one that looks like tokyo I always feel fits the description of lucis more. But its interesting, from that trailer I got them impression that entire city is destroyed, swallowed by leviathan... pretty good potential beginning maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    Did anyone else notice in the E3 2013 trailer, (watch in slowmo on youtube) leviathan near the end there has created a tornado whirlpool with all the parts of the city flying around it, and all the water magic cast looks like a leviathan/serpent... Kind of intrigued now how magic will work with summons. Just never noticed it could destroy an entire city/nation.

Can someone clarify this for me: I still can't figure out if that city is lucis, I'm confused the darker one that looks like tokyo I always feel fits the description of lucis more. But its interesting, from that trailer I got them impression that entire city is destroyed, swallowed by leviathan... pretty good potential beginning maybe?
    Sounds like Sin/Zanarkand at the beginning of X.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

That city that Leviathan is at is supposedly Accordo.

ff15_3.jpg

That one!

I think possibly, and here's my plot tinfoil hat theory, that there is a family or country stealing the crystals and the crystals are what controls the summons for that family/city. I think Leviathan's crystal is stolen and then they use their own summon against the city after they steal it. Because we know Lucis is the last one with a crystal or something and that baddies are coming to take it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm just worried about whether they'll be useful or not. The battles in this game so far are looking most like those of FFXII, and summons were utterly useless in that game.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think the battles are more like those of KH, and summons were pretty handy in that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like the idea of the houses sigils representing their summons, but I'm not digging the idea of all these houses and stuff in general. Ever since the wolf sigil was revealed on the hooded man people haven't stopped making jokes that he's a Stark, and with an old man that resembles Tywin and a person donning a dragon sigil this game is going to be cast in Game of Thrones' shadow. And as much as I like GoT, I'm kind of getting tired of seeing it everywhere I go.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It wasn't based off Game of Thrones. It was based off of mafia things like the godfather. It's why the character "Cor Leonis is a Latin phrase that means "Heart of the Lion", or "Lion's heart" which could be a reference to a reoccurring name in the series(squall). It is also similar to the fictitious mafia family, Corleone, from the novel The Godfather."

As I wrote for the character bios. So not everything is Game of Thrones. Go watch some godfather, tori

The stark thing is more of a joke than anything. So it'll be everywhere. Plus we're still mad about Ned and the red wedding Lannisters

Articles
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter if it's based off Game of Thrones or not, I can still see people making the parallels. They already are.

Anyways, I hope they don't stick exclusively to animals and we see Shiva and Ifrit make an appearance. They're my favorites. It'd be fine if they were just paintings in an art gallery or something, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Ayen; 08-04-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

So apparently (SPOILER)Ramuh is in the demo and the summoning animation is meant to be amazing! I really want to watch it to see how it looks, but I'm going to wait until Friday when I play Episode Duscae for myself! :3
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I watched the video of you-know-who from the demo and promptly had to change my pants. x 99999

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

If you want to see the new summon, watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK3HNm6wH0c

Looks completely ****ing surreal.

That. Was. Biblical.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Think it's really cool and very much welcome that they're returning Summons back to the "OMG awesome" summon sequences again, after fifteen years of "innovating" summons.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    If you want to see the new summon, watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK3HNm6wH0c

Looks completely ****ing surreal.
    Must resist the temptation! Only 3 days left

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Think it's really cool and very much welcome that they're returning Summons back to the "OMG awesome" summon sequences again, after fifteen years of "innovating" summons.
    Can't believe it's been 15 years since FFIX o.O That's crazy. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks because so far I've heard nothing but praise for how epic it is.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>