Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summons in Final Fantasy XV

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the summon gameplay, was way better then I was expecting! Never thought we'd get back to the awesome summon animations of the Square Soft games. That was mind boggling.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I like the idea of the most powerful summons being those of the house sigil things. I'm not sure that would be Doomtrain though. It would be genuinely weird to have a house with Doomtrain as it's sigil. More likely would be Diablos. I love Doomtrain to bits, but... a sigil of him for a house would be genuinely weird.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I like the idea of the most powerful summons being those of the house sigil things. I'm not sure that would be Doomtrain though. It would be genuinely weird to have a house with Doomtrain as it's sigil. More likely would be Diablos. I love Doomtrain to bits, but... a sigil of him for a house would be genuinely weird.
    All hail House Doomtrain!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

HOLY CRAP THAT SUMMON ANIMATION OMG

Seems as though the general consensus, even among the snooty old school FF fans that hate the new trout, is that people are liking what XV is doing so far. It's nice to see Square taking the things we know and love, and actually doing something new and different. And how it actually all looks truly next gen and amazing.

How many summons do you think the world of XV will have? Heck, I'd settle for just a small handful if the summon animation for You-Know-Who is anything to go by, and I'm hoping they include Alexander this time around. The Gothic architecture in some of the locations just screams Alexander!

Finally, I'm glad to see the return of 'traditional' summoning (or so it appears for now at least). I was always a huge fan of the enter/destroy/exit PSX style (and to some extent X's summoning system too), but lately the summons have been really underwhelming, most likely due to making them controllable whilst having to deal with the hardware limitations of the time.

I wonder how the mechanics will work for it in the final game. Seemed to be some kinda near-death limit break thing from what I saw of le demo.

In terms of how many, t's hard to say. But I'm hoping we get all the iconic ones. Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut, Chocobo Mog etc.

Apparently the summon system is still in prototype stage so the near-death limit may have been a placeholder activation method for now. But even if not I'd be fine with that, so long as each one had specific/different requirements you had to meet to summon.

Iconic ones FTW. Can't wait to see the designs of those based on the ones we've already seen (hurry up SE)!

In the teaser at the end of the demo, it looks like the major summons of the game have been revealed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92r0t7-_NYc

(SPOILER)It looks like: Ramuh, Siren, Titan, Shiva, then a horned and winged dude who could be Bahamut/Diablos/Death. At the bottom is Leviathan and... Ultros!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    Apparently the summon system is still in prototype stage so the near-death limit may have been a placeholder activation method for now. But even if not I'd be fine with that, so long as each one had specific/different requirements you had to meet to summon.

Iconic ones FTW. Can't wait to see the designs of those based on the ones we've already seen (hurry up SE)!
    Well, it obviously won't be how we saw in that other video. Noctis ran out of HP, which then allowed you to activate the summon. And said summon used an attack that dealt out 99999 damage. Call me cynical, but I think it was more of a "flashy" reveal, then how it's actually going to be utilized.

If that is how it's used, it would be game breaking. Here guys, don't play our game, just die and summon ultra powerful eidolons to win the battle for you.

I don't see that going over well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I really hope Ifrit is in there. I know he's usually the weakest, but he is one of my faves because his designs are always awesome.

Does that mean we can't summon if the player is still on full HP?
    I mean the animation is sure outstanding...
    But I'm gonna miss the summon where we can control the summon itself like in Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy XIII, also Final Fantasy Type-0 (I mean from what I saw in youtube) haven't played any other than the ones that already come to PC and emulator
    Although yeah Type-0 summoning system is almost the same as Final Fantasy XV
    Sure the animation is amazing... totally...

Since I know it's still on development... and it won't come to PC :(tumblr_lt4453Z42F1qbaxlqo1_400.gifspognebob-cry.gif

But this is my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    If that is how it's used, it would be game breaking. Here guys, don't play our game, just die and summon ultra powerful eidolons to win the battle for you.
    But you don't gain EXP for using summons, so that helps to balance things out (at least as far as we can tell). And also I never said this would apply to all summons, though I'm looking forward to how they finally pull the summon system off in the actual game.

I can't confirm but the image that show up at the end of the demo can reveal the summons we can expect to see:

tLvQQma.jpg

I can see Etro in the top then the Knights of the Round (OMFG!!) around her, and on the right side Ramuh, Shiva, Titan and Leviathan.
    On the left side we have Diablos, Siren and Kraken or Ultros. The two simetrical angels on the bottom can be Brothers.

I don't know who are the people on the middle of the image, maybe it's some reference to the ones who rule the kingdoms.
    And the people at the bottom represent the common people.
    Last edited by スコール・レオンハート; 03-30-2015 at 05:03 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

#BringBackIfrit