Thread: Summons in Final Fantasy XV

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Summons in Final Fantasy XV

New-XV-Details.jpg

So we have seen Leviathan in the trailers. Only one so far. So what's the deal with summons. Ion an interview last year in 2013, Nomura had said that summons will be in ranks. Leviathan being a top-ranking summon is why he's so large. Also that they have to be defeated before they can be acquired. Levianthan seems to be the Summon for the water city "Accordo".

tumblr_moriajVffT1rmlmsso1_400.jpgNow I have a theory that the nations have summons attached like check out Lucis crest.

It resembles odin/diablos/doomtrain. Possibly doomtrain more than anything. If so the last time that was seen was in FFVIII. So that would be interesting if that is their summon. This is possible as Nomura has already went back to his VIII design of behemoth. As we saw in the gameplay trailer, it could be a bit of stretch though because behemoth hasn't changed too terribly much.

tumblr_mor4tpjpSY1rmlmsso3_1280.jpg

Then we have Nilfhiem's which looks like a dragon which could stand for bahamut. This would make sense as they are supposed to be the antagonist family/country. So having a bad ass king of dragons would fit this country best.

tumblr_mor4tpjpSY1rmlmsso2_1280.jpg

Last we have the hooded man. He has a wolf on his shoulder (stark? ;P) Which could mean he's from another country entirely. Or it could mean he's from a lesser house and therefore his summon is smaller and ranked lower. It could possibly stand for Fenrir.

If that's right then that means each sigil for each house would have a summon. And if you have to beat the summon to acquire, maybe this is also a way for you to get other houses to join you? Maybe. Also Accordo would have been Leviathan and we see Noctis running to fight him. What could possibly have happened is that he got there when Nilfheim was getting attacked and they used their crystal to defend themselves?

What summons do you want to see? What do you think of this theory?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would love to see Doomtrain again!

Isn't Noctis part of a house? Wouldn't that mean he has his own personal summon, or am I completely wrong on that?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He's part of Lucis. He's the prince!

What other summon would you like to see? I want carbuncle part of some small adorable nice house.

I would love to see these classic summons come back, and I love the look of Leviathan. Give me monsters, none of this transformers garbage like in XIII. I'd love a Doomtrain appearance, along with long-lost friends like Terrato/Midgardsormr (always the coolest Earth-based summon).

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    He's part of Lucis. He's the prince!
    I knew he was a prince, I forgot for who! In that case, having doomtrain as his house summon would be great.

What other summon would you like to see? I want carbuncle part of some small adorable nice house.
    I'd like to see Carbuncle as well, but I'm not sure how many nice houses there will be in this pretty gloomy world.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You know now that I think about it I think they are going for more creature like summons, moving away from human like ones. So that would eliminate a lot of the favorites, Odin, Shiva, Ramah etc etc

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh that Leviathan intimidates the poop out of me. I have no idea how I'm going to make it through this game

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Be the badass we know you can be shion! Kick Leviathan's butt and then make him your summon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to, I really like Leviathan! I just fear things that are like 1000x my size

NO BIGGY JUST GONNA GO BEAT UP THIS MASSIVE WATER SERPENT ITS ALL GOOD HAHAHAHahahahaahahahahahaha

Articles
    Blog Entries

These huge summons in a way remind me of that game, Shadow of the Colossus. Facing huge monsters while you yourself are pretty small.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really like the fact that they are huge. It gives them more of an awe. Like that they really are ferocious creatures with crazy amount of power. That's what I liked in IX how you had bahamut, odin and Alexander being absolutely huge and destroying trout.

I also like that they are ranked. You can have a huge one or possibly a small carbuncle (hopefully)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah its definitely a good thing they're actually to size. I mean, I'm pretty sure that leviathan is supposed to be intimidating so... mission accomplished

I just have a hard time with the big enemies for some reason. It is my cross to bear as a modern gamer because STUFF BE GETTIN BIG

Articles
    Blog Entries

I do hope that large doesn't always = powerful. I wouldn't want the smaller summons (like Carbuncle, possibly) to be overshadowed. Smaller sized summons can be powerful too!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Carbuncle does nothing but cast Reflectga anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Carbuncle does nothing but cast Reflectga anyway.
    But they could make Carbuncle more than cast Reflect magic (which is of situational use at the best of times), you know, improve the summon.