Thread: Lightning Dodging, Chocobo Racing, and Butterfly Catching: HD vs. Original

Default Lightning Dodging, Chocobo Racing, and Butterfly Catching: HD vs. Original

To those who have done these minigames in both: are there any noticeable differences that make one version easier than the other? I guess the most applicable would be lightning dodging...is the flashing/response time any different, or the lightning pattern for that matter?

As much as I love X and am psyched to play the remake, these three things are such a pain that I always dread it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is what I feel about these mini-"games".

The HD version has a slight delay in showing you things more than the normal version making the Lightning harder. Way harder. Either you use a very efficient spot or a non-HD cable.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only thing that felt different to me was the lightning dodging (which I've never completed in any version). Strangely enough, the remastered music actually made it harder for me to mess with the lightning dodging.

I've yet to play those in the HD version (actually I just started playing yesterday and I have somewhat mixed feelings about it), but I really do kind of worry about the chocobo racing and butterfly catching on Vita. Lightning dodging is easy with no no encounter armor and that crater where it strikes everytime.

Blog Entries

Even with the crater trick, the lightning dodging is still harder. I failed at 195 recently.

The Butterfly catching was easier for me. Maybe the HD helps me distinguish where the butterflies are and what colour they are.

The Chocobo Race is as hard as is always was.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Even with the crater trick, the lightning dodging is still harder. I failed at 195 recently.
    Where is this crater? This will actually help me when I come to do it. Bear in mind that I've never attempted it before, so expect me to fail over fifty times and throw my controller through the screen.