Thread: Appetizers In General

Blog Entries

Default Appetizers In General

What's your fav appetizer/snack-y snack type of stuff?

I love love love dips and spreads- like my mom's cheese ball, spinach/artichoke/sun dried tomato/bacon dip, hummus, cheese dip, queso fundido, buffalo chicken dip- GIMME ALL OF IT.

But I also like just having a big ole cheese platter with yummy fancy artisan cheeses and olives and like sliced up Summer sausage, sliced pepperoni (from those pepperoni sticks), and some kind of cracker maybe- like triscuits! I ordered some like 18 month aged XXXtra sharp white cheddar cheese from FreshDirect one time that was absolutely to die for along with fontina, asiago, manchego, swiss, and a few others (was kind of expensive, too.. :/ ) ... I like making those up with a batch of my mom's bacon wrapped walnuts- those are Heaven- and a cinch to make.

I've done stuffed mushrooms a few times. In fact, I may make some tomorrow. I have a tub of baby bellas left, some parmesan cheese, and other stuff I could stuff and bake them with.

And of course, I love other things like cheese sticks with marinara, buffalo wings with ranch (they MUST be unbreaded, bone-in though, or I will not eat them), etc.

Crackers and/or potato chips. Fried soybean cakes and/or tofu are nice too.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really like pretzels with cheese at Applebees. IT's delicious. Any kind of spinach artichoke dip too. And any cheese sticks in general.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pita chips and hummus, french bread and spinach dip, turkey and cheese wraps, stuffed mushrooms, bruscetta, tuna-stuffed cucumber slices, mini sandwiches or wraps. Yum!

Any kind of crunchy things with a dip is amazing.

It's crazy sometimes at restaurants how big appetizers are. I've gotten some that were like the size of an entree.

I love a ton of 'em but my favourite is the Cactus Chips from Boston Pizza.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Back when I ate a crap ton of cheese I adored the assorted melted cheese on nacho appetizer that Red Lobster had or has -- I dunno I haven't been there in a while.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The nicest starter I've ever had was called "Wexford Mushrooms". Mushrooms cooked in a creamy white wine sauce, on top of grilled ciabatta bread. It was divine.

I also love garlic mushrooms. Or baked Camembert or Brie with dipping breads and chutney. Mmmm.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wavy potato chips, nachos, cheese crackers, pudding, cookies, wheat bread.