Thread: Best Tales Game?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can usually tolerate a terrible character as long as there's also one to offset it. I don't think it would cause me to stop playing right away, but thanks for the heads up so I know in case he does turn out to be too much at first

I found it to be the opposite. Luke was hilarious at the beginning of Abyss. He devolves into a typical generic hero though(only he's a bit more whiny).
    Last edited by Bright Shield; 10-28-2015 at 05:58 AM.
    "Repent your sins through death!" - Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia

Boco

I didn't really like Xillia's soundtrack or story, and also I found character model's faces to look a little awkward compared to the anime cutscenes or skits. Also, some voice acting is pretty bad, notably Teepo's. He's really annoying!! Compared to Phantasia and Abyss, Xillia falls short.. Just my opinion, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How differently do Abyss and Xillia and Symphonia play? Do they all have links and arts and relatively the same controls? Do I decide my part leader and the one I'm controlling in all of them?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

All the Tales games have mildly different battle systems - they're usually fairly similar overall, but the nuances can be different.

Xillia introduced links, and it's insanely fast by comparison, so you might have to get used to the slower pacing of the older games. I do believe in the older ones you are forced to walk the overworld as the protagonist and not a character of your choice (I think? it may have been altered in a few possibly more recent ones I haven't played as much or don't remember as much). But otherwise the feel and atmosphere and pacing is similar. Battles are always real-time for instance

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So far I think I like Xillia more, but its hard to say as I'm not super far in to Abyss. It's made me very excited for Symphonia!

It's funny, I really had no interest in the series but I kept hearing about it so I said I guess I'll try one and I went for Xillia. That one got me excited for another one so I got Abyss. Which has me excited for Symphonia. Now I'm trying to think of others I'd like to try when I'm done Abyss and Symphonia

Graces or Vesperia probably, if you have access to their consoles. Probably Vesperia preferrably as it's in like everyone's top three in the series, it's a lot of people's outright favorite

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a 360 sort of but it's at sharky's work. Still not impossible to borrow if I need to. I have Eternal Sonata on it