Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's not touch Sphere Grid!

I dare you, I double dare you motheriron-tailFratley, say that one more goddamn time.

Okay okay, I won't touch the Sphere Grid in X.

...until I start playing it again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

How do you even do a NSG game? How do you survive with like 520 HP?!

Rikku with steal and use is incredibly overpowered. She's so overpowered it's actully possible to get through the game in NSGRONO (No sphere grid, Rikku only, No overdrive) up to the second form of BFA.

Also in only NSG, aeons can get really strong through the spheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    This is the only reason I would ever think about maybe attempting this - I almost never buffed up my Aeons in a normal game because I was always using the spheres for my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    This is the only reason I would ever think about maybe attempting this - I almost never buffed up my Aeons in a normal game because I was always using the spheres for my characters.
    Well I love using aeons (not because they are strong but because I like controlling them), and you can easily defeat anything in the game as long as they don't instanty kill your aeons (Seymour).

Okay so far I got to Kilika, actually I already beat Lord Ochu (no overkill though since I can't use overdrives ) and gotten Ifrit. The real challenge though will start after I get Auron in the party.

So I just got right to before the Operation Mi'hen takes place. I won the blitz tournament my first try. I unfortunately lost to Belgemine but there's no helping it, with overdrive forbidden and nsg it's basically impossible to win unless you get in like 300 battles before. On the other side I pushed Chocobo Eater off the cliff pretty easily.

The road has been pretty dangerous though, I almost died few times already >_<

Articles
    Blog Entries

So I just got right to before the Operation Mi'hen takes place. I won the blitz tournament my first try. I unfortunately lost to Belgemine but there's no helping it, with overdrive forbidden and nsg it's basically impossible to win unless you get in like 300 battles before. On the other side I pushed Chocobo Eater off the cliff pretty easily.

What does Belgemine say if you lose to her? I never have, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

What does Belgemine say if you lose to her? I never have, ever.
    Basically that Yuna needs more training but shows promise and has potential to get Sin someday.

Today I played FFX lots!

Yesterday I saved just before the Mi'hen operation. so today right of the bat was the fight with Sinspawn Gui, which is pretty... well not exactly hard, but lengthy fight. Took like 25 minutes and I used up pretty much all MP.

Djose temple is easy when you do it for umpteenth time! The road to Moonflow is crazy long though. I met Belgamine second time and lost for the second time even though it was Valefor+Ifrit vs Ixion. Oh well I still got Summoner's soul so skills for Aeons here I come!

On the Moonflow I had to fight the Extractor which is really one of the harder bosses of every NSG game considering you got only two chars and no Rikku, but thanks to my last NSGNONCNSNENNENBB run, I was well prepared and with some slight comlications got him on first time.

What was my reward? Noone else than sexy Rikku! Aww yeee. After boring BS in Guadosalam I just ran through the Thunder Plains and Macalania Forest straight for Spherimorph.

That one was actually really easy even though a little lenghty as well. I just had to make him change to Fire property, summon Ifrit and smash X till he was dead.

That's where I got so far today. Now after witnessing the first Jecht Sphere I will actually go all the way back to Besaid for the Jecht Sphere because I want to have everything (all Aeons, all Overdrives, all Al Bhed primers, all Celestial Weapons fully upgraded) on save before killing any of the Dark Aeons and if I don't come back for the sphere now, there will be Dark Valefor between it and me so I have no choice really.

But it's not that bad, I will at least have a lot of stuff stolen from going back to Besaid and back to Macalania again and I will have much stronger aeons thanks to the natural stat boost. However it will probably take me whole day to complete that journey.

Phew I got all the way to Besaid and for the first time I actually saw the spheres in right order. Well not all the way back again ._.

Oh I didn't update this as of late. I still do play regularly!

I went all the way back from Besaid to Macalania now. It wasn't really interesting but on the way I done a lot. First I was stealing like crazy especially in Thunder Plains and secondly, I played a lots of blitzball. First League was for Teleport Sphere (Evade and Counter), then tournament for attack reels IIRC, then another league for Status Reels and as the most awesome bonus Return Sphere for best scorer which is obviously Tidus.

So now Wakka already has 3 outta his 4 overdrives. Not like he can use them though, but it will make blitzball less of pain in the ass later when I'll aim for his sigil. And Rikku now has First Strike + Evade and Counter on her weapon which makes her ultra awesome and overall makes all stealing that much more bearable. I'll probably tackle Seymour tonight. Still gotta steal a bit in Macalania though.

Today I kicked some ass. Evrae, whole Bevelle and Seymour #2 kicked the bucket. Also got cloudy mirror and beat all Belgemine's aeons at remiem temple for first rewards.

Now I don't know if I should torture myself with catching first or obtaining Caladbolg and the crest first so it's done. Hmm.

Articles

I'd leave the monster hunting till the end of the game. I never found Chocobo too hard.