Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's not touch Sphere Grid!

Default Let's not touch Sphere Grid!

Okay since I need some distraction with the FFIX challenge (I can't mentally take seeing 1000 resets a day) I thought about finally getting a go at the HD remaster, I actually started yesterday but got just half hour in so far.

In the end I am just going to end up doing NSGNO (No Sphere Grid No Overdrives) without any walkthroughs and after Seymour Omnis and capturing I'll do NGS monster arena (hello Shinryu, already looking forward to 2500 tries before killing you)

Sorry for the now wasted thread I previously made and for all your thus wasted ideas but heart now says NSGNO clearly >_<

So yeah just got thrown out of Dream Zanarkand, I will give it some more playing later today.

Articles

Is this in line with the other challenge you had suggested, or is this the challenge for fun?

Who is your main team for this run?

In the end this will be the challenge for fun since NSGNO isn't really hard whatsoever and will entertain me more with making up strategies for bosses.

Not sure if I will have a main party but Rikku is definitely gonna be in all the time. Steal and Use are OP and I enjoy them. Also a frequent visitor will be Yuna with the Aeons, who I can actually teach stuff later on.

Articles

How do you find the Aeons in FFX. I mostly use them as a shield when I know powerful attacks are coming.

I personally love every one of them (Okay I don't love Yojimbo but i do love Daigoro!) and I enjoy using them very much. That's whole reason I am not forbidding myself from using them. I don't know why but I just really liked the idea of controlling them instead of being harder hitting more mp costing magic like in older FFs.

Also, I liked their designs and the existence of new summons. Some people had problem with there not being a water aeon but since Sin is basically a gigantic aeon that mostly resides in water, I always thought having one on the team would be redundant.

I am serously thinking about long-time project of buffing up each aeon enough to take on their Dark counterpart.

Articles

I wonder if that's possible. If you do end up doing it, you should record the battles. Would be a great series to watch.

If I do it I will try to record but I am not sure about the quality since Vita can't record, I am not spending 400 dollars for capture card, so the only way would actually be to point camera at the screen X_x And also it's not really possible for all of them.

Valefor-Yojimbo sure. Magus sisters maybe if taken one by one. Dark Anima definitely not. She was defeated ONCE in ten years on NSG as far as I know and she requires insane luck.

I gave the FFX a little go yesterday and got to Besaid, and while I am getting used to the new faces, I dislike the remixed music. Feels to "complex" I liked the original simple versions better... Don't touch what isn't broken ._.

Also is it just me or is the audio lip synch totally out of place now in HD?
    Last edited by Ergroilnin; 07-30-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post

I gave the FFX a little go yesterday and got to Besaid, and while I am getting used to the new faces, I dislike the remixed music. Feels to "complex" I liked the original simple versions better... Don't touch what isn't broken ._.

Also is it just me or is the audio lip synch totally out of place now in HD?
    Some of the songs sound a bit better; some are different -- like Spira Unplugged. I like the original version the most, but the remastered/rearranged version is good too. I agree, the lip sync is completely off most of the time in HD.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

To be honest so far I am rather dissapointed with the HD remaster.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Pretty sure the lip sync wasn't fantastic in the original.

It sure wasn't but it was way better.

I'll make you a deal: I'll use the Sphere Grid in X, but won't touch it in X-2. How's that?

I'm gonna offer you a deal you can't refuse. Do the opposite you said.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I dunno if it is worse. I imagine that we've all become more accustomed to higher quality lip syncing, and also with it being HD the differences are probably more pronounced.

But hey ho, I don't care nor have I paid attention to the lip syncing issues. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    I'm gonna offer you a deal you can't refuse. Do the opposite you said.
    Counter: I'll use the grid in X and X-2, but not XII.