Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOBBIT HYPE

Let's get hyped people.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    I still haven't seen the first two movies I need to get on that.
    Pretty much this!

Also, can we talk about how much the title change SUCKS? 'There and Back Again' was a GREAT title for the final film both in this trilogy, and the conclusion of all LotR movies. 'The Battle of the Five Armies'? BOOOOOO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I mean the battle will be cool, but it wasn't that big of a part of the story if I remember correctly. I mean it was the ending but, to basically give an entire movie to that is kinda crazy.

I absolutely love The Hobbit book but I couldn't stand reading LoTRs. I got 3/4 of the way through the two towers before I wanted to shoot myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got 3/4 of the way through the two towers before I wanted to shoot myself.
    My God yes, such an awful book to read. Who would have thought that it would make the best film of the trilogy? Although that's probably because of the way PJ and his crew shifted things around in the script.

Seriously, what those three did with the screenplay was nothing short of genius.

Blog Entries

I agree, I LOVE the Two Towers movie and couldn't believe how slow the book was.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I absolutely love The Hobbit book but I couldn't stand reading LoTRs. I got 3/4 of the way through the two towers before I wanted to shoot myself.
    You made it farther than I did. I only got to chapter two of The Fellowship of the Ring.

"There and Back Again" does sound like a better title now that I think about it. Oh well.

Blog Entries

See, the very beginning of The Fellowship was slow but I was expecting that entire book to be slow and boring since I think the movie is. But I enjoyed the Fellowship, it was slower than I normally like but nothing like the Two Towers. Lets use 45 names for the same thing, use all of the names on the same page so you think we're talking about 45 different places but no! we're all talking about the same place! Oh fun!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Two Towers is my least favorite of the three books (FotR, RotK, TTT) but I still thought it was good! I think a lot of people don't like it because there's not too much action in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's fair to say that Tolkien wasn't particularly adept at writing action. The battle of helms deep is one of my favourite sequences in movie history. It was ridiculously awesome. I can barely remember it happening in the book.

I take nothing away from what he achieved as a literary work though. There are very few books that have been produced with that level of history and detail.