24 68.57%
  • All of them! I'm a super productive person

1 2.86%
  • Depends on the day

5 14.29%
  • What time is food time?

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You A Morning Person or a Night Owl?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I have to be a night owl since I work third shift, as I have stated too many times on this forum. I also enjoy staying up late in my free time. Well, also my body is used to it now.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It turns out that I'm both a night owl and morning person. Is there such a thing? If I get up early, I'll probably get some things done. :O

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm a Night Owl who desperately wishes he had the willpower to get up early.
    Returners Represent!

I'm noticing a trend here.

I'm a Night Owl as well.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Night owl. I'm currently working split ahifts so start at 10am which is very early compared to what I'm used to. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get, if I wake up before 12pm my body decides to not bother working.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Night owl mostly, but I tend to wake early and enjoy those days where I can wake and do what I want all morning until Danielle wakes up without worrying about work, what Danielle wants to do/watch/listen to, etc. It's a balancing kind of thing.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Well I guess I'll be the combo breaker. I am a morning person for sure; if I could devise the perfect schedule for myself I'd wake up at 5am every day, work a 6am-2pm shift, and be in bed by 9pm. Currently I (usually) have to wake up at 3am for a 4am shift, which is pushing it, but having worked the alternative (i.e. noon-evening) I much prefer 4am. Heck I wake up at 3am on my days off and it's lovely. My bedtime is 7pm, it's a wee bit early for my taste but not too much.

I cannot understand people who are still up at like midnight or 1am or whatever. I always tell Huxley to go to bed earlier but of course he does not listen to me. I am also in awe of people who work overnight shifts; I'm working that this week (10pm-6am) and I want to die. 10pm to 6am is when everyone should be asleep!!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

That's what makes that time perfect! The world is quiet in slumber. You can think without distraction, you can work without distraction, you can be by yourself without anyone bothering you cause they are all asleep. Plus the world isn't so open as you can't see it all. The world just gets a little smaller and you're not so worried about those big wide open spaces of people and things. Night time is glorious! All praise the night! Silencer of Children, Whisperer of Slumber, the glorious King of Darkness.

I sleep really late at night, especially during holidays.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    That's what makes that time perfect! The world is quiet in slumber. You can think without distraction, you can work without distraction, you can be by yourself without anyone bothering you cause they are all asleep.
    I agree, and this is exactly why the early morning is my favorite. Because all of YOU people are finally asleep.

I chose my early morning shift specifically to avoid people. It's working great so far!

I'm a morning person; I tend to get everything done as early as I can, and I'm usually up and about by 6:30am at the latest. I don't really "switch on" until 9am, but my autopilot before that time is very good at getting things done.

Although I'm never in bed before 10pm these days. I've had a fixed sleep schedule for years; I've never been able to stay up past midnight unless it's a one-off.

Blog Entries

I would love to be more of a morning person.

But I'm just not. Especially if I have Parker 'cuz we stay busy for the most part and I'm completely worn out by the end of the day. So when we get up in the mornings, we have breakfast and then I park her in front of the t.v. for an hour or so so that I can take a cat nap on the couch beside her and get some energy going for whatever our plans are. This is during times she doesn't have school, though.

Sometimes I can manage to get a good sleep schedule going and I'll happily be up at like 8 or 9, but I'd rather sleep until 11.. It makes the day go by quicker. heh.

Blog Entries

I'm going to be all hipster and break the mould here and say that I enjoy being awake principally during the hours of daylight, usually around 9am-9pm. I know right, check me out

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am a night person.

All you fools claiming to be owls is just irritating. When was the last time any of you went on the hunt for insects and small birds in the middle of the night?

I am so sick of all the lies.

i just don't sleep