Thread: Article: FF XIV: ARR has plans up to 4 years into the future

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has plans up to 4 years into the future

During the recent Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XVI, Producer and Director of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Naoki Yoshida, as well as Lead Planner, Nobuaki Komoto, answered some of the most burning questions on the minds of fans across the globe.

The plethora of questions asked were answered in real time on the official Final Fantasy XIV forums. Fans were curious about exploring what's new in patch 2.3, the potential for cameos from other FF games, as well as what we can expect from the future.

Players who were around for the successful Lightning Returns crossover event earlier this year will be happy to know that is not the last we've seen of Final Fantasy characters appearing from the realms outside of Eorzea:

Q20: Are there any plans to implement additional costumes and hairstyles of previous FINAL FANTASY series characters similar to Lightning and Snow?

A20: While I can't say too much, let’s just say you will be able to obtain a costume for a certain famous FF character by completing certain content in a certain patch!
    It's still unclear who will be finding their way to Eorzea, but given the forthcoming release of Final Fantasy XV, don't be surprised if Noctis makes his way to Gridania!

Even if that isn't the case quite yet, there is still plenty of time for it to happen as one of the most revealing answers in this Letter from the Producer was the news that A Realm Reborn has plans all the way up to patch 4.0!

Q34: In a previous interview, you mentioned that you are aiming to make this an MMORPG that continues for over 10 years, but at the moment how far have you planned into the future?

A34: Currently, the area where players will be and what they will be doing in patch 4.0 has been coming into our vision, so to give you a rough idea, we've progressed our planning to about four years into the future.
    Which Final Fantasy characters would you like to see make their way into A Realm Reborn? What potential enemies would you like to fight in the coming patches? Let us know in the comments below.

Sourceshttp://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/181995-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XVI-Q-A-Updates
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...527.1406609035
    http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...ploration.html

I love that this is official! They can't take it away just when I've started getting good!!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I hope it's some older FF characters! But not the super popular ones like Cloud since everyone and their dog has played VII. Something more like Squall or Zidane.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'd like to see Butz. Or Faris or Galuf. Seriously though, anyone (not counting Gilgamesh) from Final Fantasy V would be awesome. Especially if they bring the Blue Mage class with them.