Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The EyesonFF NBA Team (an NBA 2k13 Playthrough) - GAME 1

Articles
    Blog Entries

Today is the day guys, I'll be starting this up as soon as Loony BooB releases me from his clutches and I get back to my laptop. Turnout has been awesome so far and we definitely have enough for a solid rotation of players. But there is still plenty of room on the team so more people should definitely sign up!

That said, I think now is a good time to get started on our first task as a team... Picking a GLORIOUS TEAM NAME, with a fabulous logo, and just plain old colours.

So yeah, I won't drag it out too long cause I'm really itching to start this up, but everyone just start throwing names for a team out there and we can see what comes up. 'Eyeson' will most likely be the city name, but we need something to tack on to that like Eyeson Chocobos, Eyeson Nerds or Eyeson Iceglows (cause we smash everyone).

Name away guys. Probably 10 or so hours until we get our first update! Hype!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Eyes on Balls
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Player Name: (I need a first name AND a last name, the last name is the one we will see on the court under your character)
    xX_pU$$Y_DeStRoYaH_Xx

Preferred number: 69

Country of Origin or State of Origin for the 'Muricans: Scotland

Appearance: Make me look like a zombie if possible. That'd be rad.

1. If you could be any animal which would it be and why (in one sentence)? - A chameleon, cause you'll never see me!

2. What is your favourite sport to watch (please don't say "no sport", even if it's absolutely stupid or completely untrue, I need something to work with) - Professional Cooking

3. How would you describe your dancing ability? - Majestic

4. Are you quick to anger? - Suprisingly, no

5. If you could be one character from a Final Fantasy game which would it be and why (in one sentence)? - Yuffie from FF7, Kawaii Desu~

6. Which of these foods do you prefer most (pick one)? - Chilli Con Carne'

7. Country you would most like to visit on a holiday? - The Moon
    Last edited by Dat Matt; 08-03-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Lol forgot appearanch

Articles

As for a team name guys, i'll be so dissapointed if you don't use this:

"Eyes on the Prize"

Blog Entries

Eyes on the Hoop
    Balls of Final Fantasy
    Final Ball Fantasy
    FFX-Balls

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

hopefully not ruining any future activities but if we have a choice in the matter would love ronnie to be an SG or SF if possible!

i'm trout at names but our Logo should definitely just be that happy picture of agent proto's face. paul knows the one, get it off him.

Pink and Black colours all day son.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Alright guys, it has begun, I've started creating the first of the players and I'll have updates for you all over the next few hours. Hopefully by tonight we'll even have played our first game of the season.

As much as the name suggestions made me laugh I think I'll go with something like the Eyeson Chocobos in the end, and I would love to add in my own logo but some googling around has told me it would be a much bigger process than I'm prepared for, considering I'm too excited to get this started. DK, don't worry though, I'll make sure Ronnie has pink and black accessories up the yazoo.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

If you still have room, you can add me:

Player Name: Raistlin Majere

Preferred number: 12

Country of Origin or State of Origin for the 'Muricans: Colorado, USA

Appearance: Golden skin, white hair.

(I was a shooting guard in high school if that matters)

1. If you could be any animal which would it be and why (in one sentence)? Dolphin, because I can explore the ocean and would still be intelligent (and dickish) enough to kill for sport.

(it was a tossup between that an a lion, because male lions know how to live life: they laze about all day looking awesome while the women do all the work).

2. What is your favourite sport to watch (please don't say "no sport", even if it's absolutely stupid or completely untrue, I need something to work with): football (American)

3. How would you describe your dancing ability? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

4. Are you quick to anger? No.

5. If you could be one character from a Final Fantasy game which would it be and why (in one sentence)? T.G. Cid, because then I'd be smurfing invincible.

Alternatively, Cid Highwind, because I could drink and swear all day.

6. Which of these foods do you prefer most (pick one)?
    - Chocolate

7. Country you would most like to visit on a holiday? Transylvania (or Romania)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yep, still room, you're added to the list.

Character creation takes a while guys, I've made 4 of the 10 so far. Sorry to get your hopes up DK but I won't be able to get those purple and black accessories that I promised. On a more positive note, Psychotic's purple afro is glorious and Shion and Locky don't look too bad for guy models made to look like girls.

Articles
    Blog Entries

*CLICK ME RIGHT smurfING NOW*

Aaaaaand now, the moment you've aaaaaall been waiting for...

Introducing YOUR Eyes on Final Fantasy.... Eyesooooon Chocoboooooos!

At the point, she's got the moves to break ankles (no seriously, her ball handling is smurfing insane), the gas to bring the opposition to tears, and the looks to break hearts. At a drastically increased height of 6', All the way from the United Kingdom....

LOCKY FARTS2014-08-04_00001.jpg

Also at the point guard position, the man who dishes more dimes than the national mint, whose cornrows let you know that "I've killed a man before... but I still like to party"...

Bob Howe2014-08-04_00003.jpg

Aaand now, the 3 three point threat that makes the defense sweat. The scottish lass that drops buckets en' masse. You may take away her dribble but you'll NEVER... TAKE... HER THREEDOOOOM!!!

Shauna... Sheeeeeeetlebug!2014-08-04_00002.jpg

Not enough testosterone on the team for you? Do you like your basketball with a side of red meat, served on a plate made of bacon, that was wrestled from the arms of an 8 foot grizzly!? Then look no further than the high flying, slam dunking, cave spelunking shooting guard...

Vivi Swanson2014-08-04_00005.jpg

All well and good you say, but how on earth can you possibly balance out this supremely uncool, unprecedentedly white team? With one man, my friends. One chiseled... oiled up... completely shredded ball of pure athletic dark chocolate. And that one man's name is...

Ronnie Coleman2014-08-04_00011.jpg

Also with Ronnie at the Small forward position, the man with all the spreadsheets, he just wanted to record the stats on the sidelines but we made him play anyway. It's the long range shooting, vaguely Asian looking (I seriously couldn't get him to not look Asian, dunno what happened)...

Loony BoB2014-08-04_00008.jpg

Moving now to Power Forward... some say his afro is older than time itself, and that it holds the secret to basketball supremacy in it's inner most curls. Well when you see him turn around, fade away, and knock down the shot in a defenders face it's easy to see why. Ladies and Gents...

Paul Psychotic2014-08-04_00009.jpg

Now I'll need you all to take a moment and secure your private parts, no one is safe when our next power forward is in the arena. No one knows if he's better at conquering vag or blocking shots, but either way you don't want to find out. Lock up your daughters, it's...

xX-pUSSY DeStRoYaH-Xx2014-08-04_00012.jpg

Finally, we move to our towers of power... the centers. First up, from the great, white, north. She's a defensive powerhouse who's lean, mean, and always hungry for poutine. Clap extra hard for all 7 feet, 3 inches of her...

Ashton Banaaanaaaaa2014-08-04_00006.jpg

Finally, rounding out the roster, some say he's undersized, but at 7'0" with a hook shot that has been known to leave the atmosphere before it finally comes back down and lands securely in the net, we'd like to see you try and guard him...

Raistlin Majere2014-08-04_00007.jpg

YOUR EYESON CHOCOBOS, EVERYBODY!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sorry for the groups of posts together but I wanted the above post to be separate. No game tonight, creating all those players, plus the team, getting the screenshots and then doing the post took much longer than anticipated. I'll get our association started up by tomorrow though and then you guys can see all the extras like our away jerseys, and maybe a more in depth breakdown of the player's stats and who is good at what (everyone is 80 overall with very high potential, which means we'll probably suck for a while but should get better as the season progresses). Also, we still have 5 available slots for people to join the team as well, but once I create the association mode we will not be able to add any others so post in here ASAP if you're still wanting to join up.

To tide you all over here is a picture of Ronnie Coleman flexing while he dunks. The guy is so smurfing photogenic that it's almost not fair.

2014-08-04_00010.jpg

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

oh man i'm so unspeakably excited for this now. these screenshots are geniunely hilarious. lonny bobs utterly spooty face, your idea of a zombie turning out like a crack addled indian who is rebelling against his familys traditional values (smurf you mom i don't want to marry a nice indian girl), paul for some reason going full on fifa ponce (should have named him Vaz Te) and just the look of rage on Ronnies face while styling on that dunk. this is going to be brilliant.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

[does asian stereotype things]

Can't wait for lunch, I might sneak a look at that video (wait is it Space Jam again? Don't worry then, I got that tune in mah head). Our team looks awesome. Does this thing have some kind of team photo thing?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

No, not as such, I'll be able to get shots of the starting lineups though (5 players at a time), so two of those together and you can see the whole team.

The video is epic basketball entrance music to read along to, it enhances the reading pleasure but isn't anything to look at by itself.