Thread: Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #82

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #82

Hi there! Welcome to the month of August! We're well into this month's fan art contest with the theme being "Creatures", and I hope to see some great fan art for the contest when it ends. Let's also welcome our first showcase of the month. We have some great fan art, as usual, so stop by the art's source to add a comment for the artists. They love it when they have comments for their awesome work. For now, let's check out this week's showcase.

kaifuu @ DA

The Sorceress

Sorceress Edea is a rather beautiful woman, isn't she? Here's a fantastic portrait of the ice sorceress from Final Fantasy VIII. I really love the use of certain colors in this. It's rather dynamic and I think it sets the mood perfectly.

KalistaRaine @ DA

Doesn't Ring A Bell

Ahaha, notice that pun in the title of this awesome drawing of Ringabel? Well, I hope you did, because Ringabel, Ring A Bell? ...Yes, I'm aware it's pretty lame. However, the drawing isn't as bad as that pun is!

orinocou @ DA

FF6- these two

Terra and Edgar do make quite a pair, don't they? These two are quite a fearsome duo when it comes to fighting enemies. I will have to say that I really like the sketchy look of this picture, along with its rather simple coloring job. Very nice.

Mebashi @ DA

Lightning

Oh, Lightning looks very nice here. I really like the coloring job here, it looks like it was actually painted, even though it's been entirely done on a computer. Only gripes I have is her eye behind the bangs. It should be darkened a bit to indicate her bang's shadow, but other than that, this art is very well done. There are more like this if you enjoy the style of this art at his gallery so here's a link to the artist's profile page: Mebashi Do take a look! He also accepts commissions if you want to support him in some way.

Marvelousboy @ DA

Marle

Wow, another non-Final Fantasy fan art this week? It's a Chrono Trigger fan art this time around, both Bravely Default and Chrono Trigger were developed by Square Enix (Squaresoft in CT's case), so it's only acceptable to feature them every so often in the showcase. Here's a nice drawing of Marle from Marvelousboy. It's so crisp and clean the lineart, perfect for doing your own coloring, that is if you can grab the artist's permission before hand!

niyari-neko @ DA

Blue World

A last, we have a really great picture of Yuna, done mostly in blue, even though there's more than just blue in the artwork. The artist was attempting some foreshortening in this, as you can see with Yuna poking the water bubble in front of her. I think niyari did a good job with the foreshortening here, it's not as easy as it looks. I hope everyone enjoyed this week's showcase, I surely did!
    Last edited by Agent Proto; 08-01-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sorceress Edea and Lightning are my favorites this week, especially Edea. *low whistle*

Articles
    Blog Entries

Edea and whoever Ringabel is or from looks very nice!

Is it said tht the FFVI one shows "Terra and Sabin"? The hair and outfit is Edgar.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, I knew it was one of the Figaro brothers. >_>

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Thank you for adding my drawing Lightning!I really liked Yuna,Edea and Tera and Sabin,great job to their artists,the other fan-arts are really good too,but I liked these the most !

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why of course! And welcome to our humble forums!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Thank you so much for drawing the picture Mebashi! It's better digital painting of Lightning than I can do. Glad we were able to share the world it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

That Edea picture is seriously good. Love the style.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Thank you so much for drawing the picture Mebashi! It's better digital painting of Lightning than I can do. Glad we were able to share the world it!
    I'm happy,that you liked it ^-^!