Ricken Sage Lv 10 rating 123
    Maribelle Valkyrie Lv 6 rating 100
    Cherche Wyvern Lord Lv 4 rating 96
    Frederick Griffon Rider Lv 4 112
    Tharja Sourcerer Lv 6 rating 88
    Virion Sniper Lv 4 rating 113
    Anna Trickster Lv 6 rating 133
    Cordelia Dark Flier Lv 4 rating 110

I can clear the first and second hallways but then I usually lose about 2 units during the third. I can't remember what my last party was. Anna I use for healing because she can't do much if any damage, plus to open the doors. Maribelle is also a healer. Ricken, Kjelle, Kellam, and Tharja are my biggest damage dealers but Tharja gets hit hard when she gets hit. Chrom is pretty useless but I have to use him and I've kept Nowi in for the interactions. Kellam doesn't really lose much HP at all if I can take out the mages as he only take 1-2 HP per hit. My fliers are good and do good damage until an archer gets to them.

I would wait longer but I'm out of second seals and from what I've heard, the other two towns I need to clear to get them are harder than this one so... I could just wait for more Anne's to show up I guess

Well, actually, at those levels you don't need Second Seals for that team, you've got a few levels to go on each of those classes before you risk maxing them out. So feel free to grind a bit more.

Are you able to grab Nah safely? If so, immediately pull back behind the nearby choke point. Set Kellam and one of your other heavy defense units (probably Frederick) in front, and let the enemy break themselves against you. Then wait until the enemy stops charging you, and bait them out one group at a time with your fliers.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got Nah. That strategy works pretty well except for the Mages (who usually miss so not a huge deal) up until I get to the second hallway. Then one of the walls from the first hallways breaks down and I get surrounded :/

I'll grind a bit more and try again. I wanted the seals for Libra, Olivia, and Anna when she gets to Lv. 15

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Laurent has been recruited. It was much easier than the Nah fight

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Laurent has been recruited. It was much easier than the Nah fight
    Yeah, it's nice that you don't have to worry about the opening/closing walls, the desert just restricts movement for everyone.

Did you get the Goddess Staff?

Also, who is your favorite Child character so far?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No I was too busy focusing on not getting my butt handed to me to remember the staff oops

So far I would say Morgan. I was expecting him to be a bit bland but he's adorable! And so sweet! Is there a difference in lady Morgan and guy Morgan (other than reversing romantic possibilities)?

I like Owain a good bit. Laurent is cute in his own way. It was funny for him to tell his dad all he inherited was his hair colour. Because yeah he is not much like his father at all. Watching him and Miriel interact is kind of boring to me but I still think its cute how alike they are. Sharky was all in to it because he's in to sciency stuff and he got that they were making fireworks before I did. Owain is funny. I liked Kjelle but I like her less and less as I see more interactions. I think she might be the only character so far that I straight up dislike. She's kind of bitchy I think :/

So that's Nah down as well. I wonder who you're going for next.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Next I'm going for some more grinding and then we will see >.<

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Slowed down on this since I've been trying out other games but will probably come back to it soon

I know that feeling. I've yet to beat it, and still absolutely adore it. I think the battlebattlebattle formula burns me out too quick, sadly. But I too shall beat it one day

You guys need the DLC so you can relax and take in the ridiculously silly conversations in the side stories. The Scramble Pack in particular is excellent for that.

Although what the games really need is to take a page from Shining Force and let you wander around and explore towns and talk to people between battles.

I really wish developers of Strategy RPGs would put as much thought into their world and towns and people that other developers do. Sure, those games live and die with their battle system, but the same could be said for traditional JRPGs. They also live and die by their worlds and story. Why do strategy developers get to slack off :[

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bit late but I got Noire! I actually blew the fight out of the water, I was surprised

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Bit late but I got Noire! I actually blew the fight out of the water, I was surprised
    Awesome! What chapter are you on, and how many more children do you have to recruit?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still Chapter 14 and I have to recruit everyone but Noire, Nah, Owain, Lucina, Kjelle, Morgan, and Laurent