Thread: Do you "Old School"?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Braaaaaains Do you "Old School"?

By which I mean, do you ever pull out your ancient relic of a console, hook it up to you TV and game like you did when you were a kid? I was marathoning (shut up it's a word) some NES games the other day and pulled out the old NES to do it. I have to say, even though I have a few NES games on my PC or current consoles, there is just something magical about throwing it into the NES, hitting power, reset, then reset again, shut it off and pull out the cartridge to blow on it, and then finally getting the damn thing to work.

Blog Entries

I've got a SNES set up for some old school gaming, but it wasn't mine as a kid. I used to go over to my cousins' place a lot when I was young and play. A few years ago, they were happy to give it to me because though they'd lost most of their games so I only really play Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat and Super Mario All-Stars on it.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I pull out my NES to play stuff all the time. Well, it's been a month or so since I've played my NES actually for various reasons, but I have it all set up next to my more current consoles.

My SNES and N64 are both up in the attic, and there they shall probably stay...I don't think we have a TV that is compatible with them anymore! Although, whilst not "old school" persay, I do carry my Gameboy Micro around in my jacket pocket for gaming on the go, and I revisit my Gamecube collection quite often too.

Articles

Yeah, I have all my consoles set up so its really easy to get a retro gaming session going. Although with that said.. I much prefer the convenience of having retro games on my handhelds, but it is cool playing the original Super Mario Kart with the SNES controller.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I could not do without my SNES. The last time I did a marathon day I went a bit crazy. I completed A Link to the Past 100% in four hours, played through all the levels of Pilotwings and got halfway through Super Mario World before crashing out.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have them with me in China, but I still have both my original PS1 and my Platinum PS2 that I bought after I traded in my Xbox that I bought after I traded in my original PS2.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Yeah, I could not do without my SNES. The last time I did a marathon day I went a bit crazy. I completed A Link to the Past 100% in four hours, played through all the levels of Pilotwings and got halfway through Super Mario World before crashing out.
    Sounds like a good day of gaming, if you ask me!

That is one of the beauties of many retro games though isn't it, being able to play from start to finish in a single sitting. No filler, just pure gaming... [reminisce] a more simple time... [/reminisce]

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yes. I'll go on BattleTanx, WCWnWo Revenge, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Monster Rancher, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Pokemon Red/Blue, Evil Zone, and Final Fantasy sprees every now and again. The last old game I played (that I had as a kid anyway) was Final Fantasy IX.