Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst RPG you ever played?

Arc the Lad: End of Darkness. It's unfortunate because I was a big fan of Twilight of the Spirits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arenzi View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I didn't like any of the old western RPGs on PC like Planescape or Baldur's Gate. I just couldn't get into them.
    ​What can change the nature of a man?

To be fair, you do tend to have to enjoy table-top RPGs, and high fantasy stuff like Conan The Barbarian to really be able to enjoy things like Baldur's Gate, considering it was built out of Dungeons & Dragons

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    To be fair, you do tend to have to enjoy table-top RPGs, and high fantasy stuff like Conan The Barbarian to really be able to enjoy things like Baldur's Gate, considering it was built out of Dungeons & Dragons
    I think you're the only person to ever refer to Conan the Barbarian as "high fantasy".

Final Fantasy X-2.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I think you're the only person to ever refer to Conan the Barbarian as "high fantasy".
    I'm far from a connoisseur of fantasy sub-genres. I was referring to the black and white of it being either high fantasy or low fantasy; or high fantasy or hard fantasy; or high fantasy or fairy tale fantasy.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Final Fantasy was also built out of D&D.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    So? Final Fantasy was built out of a lot more than just Dungeons and Dragons. Baldur's Gate, on the other hand, is solely D&D.

FFXIV Character

Eneby Kurs (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    So? Final Fantasy was built out of a lot more than just Dungeons and Dragons.
    Yeah, like Wizardry and Ultima. Guess what those were built out of

On topic: Probably either Secret of the Stars, Xenosaga 1 or... Eternal Sonata.
    a brother never lived to hear me diss him on no record...
    extralives - counterfeit self

Quote Originally Posted by arenzi View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I didn't like any of the old western RPGs on PC like Planescape or Baldur's Gate. I just couldn't get into them.
    Nah. I have to be in the right mood to play them. I love Planescape, but I can't sit and play those type of RPGs on a frequent basis. Every so often I can break one out and there are a few new ones I'm really excited for. They also aren't what I grew up with, so that might be part of the reason, whereas my older brother adores them because he spent so much time with them.

I'm not sure what my least favourite RPG is to be honest. I've never liked Xenogears, and that boggles my mind because I should like Xenogears. I despise Final Fantasy 12.

I know there are some really bad RPGs that I've played over the years, like games I've rented and then forgot, so I'll just leave it at this.
    Will post for food.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dark Cloud

I don't understand the appeal of that game. So what the main character looks like Link. Zelda this is not.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Dark Cloud

I don't understand the appeal of that game. So what the main character looks like Link. Zelda this is not.
    I liked dark cloud. It's a dungeon crawler where you get to explore for spare parts to upgrade your weapons. Restoring villages as you go. I understand why people are divided about it, but it's good for a bit of mindless running around. Nier is the same.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved Dark Cloud and Eternal Sonata

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FF XIII and its bastard offsprings. I can't even finish it. It is like visiting a pub but it only offers milk.

Expired milk.