Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is the worst RPG you ever played?

I will never pass on the opportunity to mention Star Ocean: The Last Hope, because it really is the worst.

The first DBZ: Legacy of Goku for the GBA. How they went from this borderline unplayable piece of crap to the excellent LoG2 and Buu's Fury is nothing short of astounding.

Also Crisis Core. I heard from so many people, including those who hated OG FF7, about how Crisis Core is so amazing and how Zack is way better than Cloud and how the game itself is way better than the original and how it succeeds where the original fails and makes the story and characters better etc. so you could not imagine how hyped I was to play this game. And...yeah, I learned my lesson about trusting the FF fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Dark Cloud

I don't understand the appeal of that game. So what the main character looks like Link. Zelda this is not.
    The town building was pretty cool, shame everything else about the game is mediocre at best. I hear the sequel is much better though.
    Last edited by Example; 04-04-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Sudeki. I still think it's fun though.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really didn't enjoy Last Remnant but I can't remember why. By all accounts it's perfectly average.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm jumping on the Beyond the Beyond bashing bandwagon. I got a PSX a year before FFVII came out, just because I knew it would be released only on that platform. So I had a year to make due with BtB, which was the first RPG to be released on the system. Very lackluster, but what killed it for me was the strongest fighter got cursed early on, making him almost useless in battle for 1/3 of the game.

I must say that one silver lining was the soundtrack, one of my favorites was the final dungeon music which speeds up every time you go down a floor and slows down every time you go up a floor. The same composer went on to score the seminal Valkyrie Profile series.

BTW, Dark Cloud 2 is great!

Blog Entries

I really didn't enjoy Enchanted Arms (Xbox 360) so boring