Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst RPG you ever played?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Question What is the worst RPG you ever played?

I'm sure we've all played a fair number of RPGs, and I'm also sure that a few of them were pretty awful (unless your BoB who will like a game for the sake of not hurting its feelings) so what are some RPGs you have played that quickly saw you swearing them off and warning friends and family not to play them?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Umm.... Maximo? Was Maximo an RPG...?

I can't even remember

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Maximo was not an RPG, and on top of that it wasn't that bad. (Certainly not great either...)
    Seeing as I couldn't do anything even by forcing myself to play I will go with Unlimited Saga. Though I suppose there are 'free'-to-play RPGs out there that will make anything look good in comparison.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Um. The one that springs immediately to mind is Megaman Battle Network 4, but I'll have to think on it a bit to make sure.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Hmmm...this one is a toss up between Mugen Souls, Time and Eternity and Agarest: Generations of War. The first was horrendously glitchy, ugly with presentation, and had those horrible G-Castle battles, the second has probably the worst combat system and lip-syncing I've ever seen, and the third was just another sloppy, lazy Aksys game that lacked any sort of depth or anything that even remotely compelled me to play it. They're...pretty evenly matched. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Noire View Post
    Hmmm...this one is a toss up between Mugen Souls, Time and Eternity and Agarest: Generations of War. The first was horrendously glitchy, ugly with presentation, and had those horrible G-Castle battles, the second has probably the worst combat system and lip-syncing I've ever seen, and the third was just another sloppy, lazy Aksys game that lacked any sort of depth or anything that even remotely compelled me to play it. They're...pretty evenly matched. xD
    Eh, I actually enjoyed the combat system in Time and Eternity. It wasn't fantastic, by any means, but I thought it was unique, interesting, and competent. I also really liked the unlock system in that game.

It's a pity that the entire first half of the game is a exercise in seeing how much the devs could get you to hate the main character, and that they felt the need to cram so much unwanted fanservice into the game.

Battle Network 4 was definitely worse.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XIII.
    I've voiced my reasons elsewhere so I don't feel a need to repeat myself.

Tecmo's Secret of the Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Noire View Post
    Agarest: Generations of War.
    YOU DIE NOW!

I'll throw my vote in, however, whith it's Sequel. That game was trout.

As was Mana Khemia 2.

Beyond the Beyond. A game from one of my favorite companies back in the day. And all the characters were ridiculously ugly and annoying. The combat was boring and standard. But I honestly don't remember much about the gameplay or story. I just remember not being able to stand the characters. I was sad. And irritated

Articles

The Last remnant on the 360. I couldn't work out how levelling up magic and stuff worked, and the game was so very laggy it made the game basically unplayable. I also missed one quest and that prevented me getting true ending which annoyed me to no end, so I dropped it pretty far in. It probably wouldn't bug me as much now though, but it sure did then...

I always planned to go back to the PC version and start over, but backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post
    The Last remnant on the 360. I couldn't work out how levelling up magic and stuff worked, and the game was so very laggy it made the game basically unplayable. I also missed one quest and that prevented me getting true ending which annoyed me to no end, so I dropped it pretty far in. It probably wouldn't bug me as much now though, but it sure did then...

I always planned to go back to the PC version and start over, but backlog
    I have Last Remnant on the Steam and no lags, they supposedly fixed alot of stuff for the PC.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Beyond the Beyond.
    I was considering that one actually. :o

I have to give it to Shadow Madness, though. I borrowed it and SaGa Frontier from a friend and decided play all the way through one before I touched the other. I chose remarkably poorly.

I second FFXIII. All of it's sequels as well.
    "Repent your sins through death!" - Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia