Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider this game hard?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boco Do you consider this game hard?

One of the excuses offered up for why this game wasn't released in the West was that it deemed too difficult for Westerners and while we all know that is a crock of trout, I am curious to see if anyone felt this game was at least one of the more challenging FF titles?

No it was easy.

And what the hell is up with that topic making fever you just got?

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    No it was easy.

And what the hell is up with that topic making fever you just got?
    You don't come around here often, do you? Wolf Canoe is the guy who keeps FF relevant in these parts. He's the pied piper of Squeenix RPGs.

To answer the topic, no, this was pretty easy. IDK what was the real reason they kept it out of the US. It wasn't some difficulty BS. It might have more to do w/ the peculiar story line, the transgendered playable character & the wide variety of job classes (mind you, III wasn't released here, either & there weren't any FF games that offered so many choices. Those could've been viewed as "too much" by Squaresoft).

I found it very difficult the first time I played through, but that was because I had a completionist mentality and never switched jobs before one was mastered. By the time I got to the third world, I could barely kill anything. But now that I get it, it's a lot easier...still challenging toward the end, but easier than IV at least.

:monster:

It's definitely easier than the hard version of IV, but that's not necessarily saying a lot. It's definitely one of the more challenging entries in the series, though I'm still not sure I'd class it as difficult.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Yes, it is. A normal guy does not stand a chance in this one as he has so find out and manage too many things at once and that is what makes it hard as this is the basic context of someone who start completely new to this and all and that is what someone normally does and if we compare it to other Final Fantasys it is also fairly hard. I also beat Neo-X Death on a low average level but that is the context of having found out and gotten things already.

I thought so. I thought I was playing this game all smart-like and really trying to use those interesting job classes. But my curse in making poor choices in FF continued, and I always had the worst party for the occasion. Except the Bard. I am so glad I experimented with the Bard. Love Song was my most used strategy in normal battles! Saved me lots of MP for Cure!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This is actually the first final fantasy game I played. I found it to be challenging, but I never thought of it as impossible. It was perhaps my first RPG as well, so the learning curve was very steep for me. Naturally, I had to pass on both Omega and Shinryu, but the main story never felt like it was too hard, even if I died to many bosses the first time I encountered them, and had to try to think up something clever before reattempting. It never bothered me though, because thinking up tactics and strategies is something I find very fun.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I would say that it is easier than the NES entries, but if you exclude the first 3 then it is certainnly on the hard end of the FF spectrum.

When I think of the game 'hard' doesn't exactly come to mind, but it certainly wasn't easy.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

some bosses were pretty tough. but once you got past them all and got to farm on the Movers then the final boss is easy. but i had the GBA version so yeah

Articles
    Blog Entries

It was easy until I got stuck on a boss, but I can say that about a whole lot of games I played in my youth.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    It was easy until I got stuck on a boss, but I can say that about a whole lot of games I played in my youth.
    please tell me it was liquiflame so i can safely say i wasnt the only one who had trouble with it

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntace101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    please tell me it was liquiflame so i can safely say i wasnt the only one who had trouble with it
    Didn't even get that far. It was either Siren or Magisa & Forza.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was one of the easier ones really

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Liquiflame was probably the first major brick wall i ran into. The feeling when you beat it though. Indescribable.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?